Too many ceiling fans?

Is there such a thing as too many ceiling fans? We have them in the bedrooms at the moment, but they’re on sale at half price. Would it be improper to add one to the gym or living room?

Improper? Nah? It’s your house. Here in Florida we have two in the living room, and one in each bedroom. Our rental has one centered in the room.

2 Likes

Not improper at all. We have ceiling fans in all 4 BR’s, the den and the LR. If I had a gym, I’d certainly put one in there too!

1 Like

I agree! Never too many.

3 Likes

We have 7 ceiling fans in our home. I would put them on the floor as well if I could lol! I use them with the AC set at 78 and the house is very comfortable!

2 Likes

We have two ceiling fans in our living room and one in each bedroom. Our guests LOVE them.

3 Likes

My one caveat would be no light kits. Just the fan. Fans with light kits can be bad. That’s just me.

2 Likes

I am in no way an interior designer or even possess anything other than limited ability to outfit my own home, however, ceiling fans with lighting fixtures are one of those things I dislike greatly! However, I currently have, in my very small home, such items in both my kitchen and living room! I take forever and a day and a half to find such appliances that I truly like and can commit to purchasing.

I am an interior designer and I do hate those light kits but love the fans. The lights can be removed. I inherited a couple of them when we bought the house. I saw an interesting project to add a drum shade to a fan on the net somewhere. As for my guest room, I have a not too bad light kit and put candelabra led lamps in it and it’s ok. I generally hate center of the ceiling lights anyway, fan or not.

1 Like

Living in a hot place, I’d love to have ceiling fans everywhere. After all, if someone doesn’t want to use it, they don’t have to, but it’s there if they do. Not necessarily with light kits, sometimes a fixture with vibrations like one in a fan will shorten the life of cfl bulbs.

We found this fan at Home Depot and have updated most of our fans with it. It’s the only light kit I like and it’s built in LED!

I have ceiling fans, don’t really care for them, but if I was to ever buy a ceiling fan, that’s the one! Fits my budget but gives the impression it was more expensive. I’ve seen that fan at the store.

1 Like

Ceiling fans fit in well to our ‘tropical’ feel. But I had one guest who hated them. No idea why!

2 Likes

I can’t see how ceiling fans would be improper.

Same here, don’t like light kits but love fans

When guests would leave I was always amazed to find the light actually turned off on the fan. I couldn’t figure it out. Why did guests do that when all they needed to do was hit the wall switch. Well one day my son slept down there and said, mom. Even when the light and fan are switched off, the light bulb flickers like a haunted house. Go figure, it’s a curly CFL so it has a life of its own.

Yes! Most if not just about all are super ugly. :o

I have a fan in every room of my house and they work very well. I haven’t experienced any issues with them so I believe there is nothing as too much unless you are getting affected by them

Nice. I am using hover fans.