Welcome! We are a community of AirBnb hosts

This forum is dedicated to connecting hosts with other hosts. Sign up to get the latest updates and news just for AirBnb hosts! Note that we are not affiliated with Airbnb - we are just passionate hosts!

Tips for "squeaky" bed

We have had rave reviews about how comfortable our bed is, but the last guest gave us private feedback that the bed “squeaked” I told my husband (resident handy man) and he basically blew it off. I think he thought since it was a couple they were probably making the bed squeak a bit and it wouldn’t be an issue. Well our new guest has also mentioned it to us and my husband says he doesn’t really know how to fix it. It’s a nice bed frame, but it’s probably 10 years old and not solid wood. Any suggestions or tips for fixing a squeaky bed? If we can’t figure it out should we look into getting a new bed frame?

Tighten all the fastenings for a start. How is the humidity where you are?

My dad always tells me to spray mr sheen (furniture polish) on anything squeaky. It sometimes works

Or WD40 - as long as you know which bits are squeaky.

Altcoin Fantasy - Crypto Fantasy Trading and Simulation Game - Win Bitcoin and Altcoins!