Welcome! We are a community of AirBnb hosts

This forum is dedicated to connecting hosts with other hosts. Sign up to get the latest updates and news just for AirBnb hosts! Note that we are not affiliated with Airbnb - we are just passionate hosts!

Tip: ask guests to write reviews in their language

Hello :slight_smile:

Just wanted to share something I discovered thanks to one of my last guests.

I always meet guests when they checkout and usually ask them to please write a review and to write it in their native language: I think a prospective guest is more likely to trust a review written by a guest from the same country (and reviews in several languages look cool :sunglasses: on a listing).

But lately it appeared it has another benefit :not-so-great reviews get less exposure ! I now have one review mentioning noise in one of the bedrooms (first out of 47 stays)… but it is written in danish and let’s say I think I can live with a smaller share of the Danish market :blush:

Plus as Airbnb sorts reviews by language, reviews in “other languages” appear last !

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be so sure. If I am looking to stay somewhere I just use the Google Translate facility to translate any reviews.

Altcoin Fantasy - Crypto Fantasy Trading and Simulation Game - Win Bitcoin and Altcoins!