Timing of last minute review

I would like to know how I can precisely time leaving a last minute review for a guest. I have searched this forum and the most recent thread re this issue seems to be from 2019. Much has changed since then so I thought I would check to see if anyone has more recent info. I want to leave a last minute review (in the last hour possible) - I currently see that I have 3 days left to leave a review. Will the timing get more specific as it gets closer? If the guest checked out at 10am on Wednesday Dec 27, when is my deadline? Anyone have recent exerpience with this? Or is there a more recent thread I missed? Thanks in advance for your input.

I don’t know the answer to your question but I assume it’s based on the check out time. I usually write it the night before, late night. This way the guest is probably sleeping and won’t get the notification till the next morning. I’m always afraid I’ll miss the deadline. Make sure to click on “would not host again.”

The last time I had to do this a few months ago I know for sure the countdown went to the hour, and Im fairly certain I remember it going down to minutes even.

2 Likes

No, the review countdown time starts from the minute you get the first notification to leave a review (that alert isn’t based on check-out time, as far as I’m aware, because my stated check-out time is 4pm and I have gotten those notifications earlier in the day).

2 Likes

I use Hospitable to do this. It’s a setting.

1 Like

I use Hospitable as well, I’ll have to check that out!

It is exactly 2 weeks from the minute you received the first “leave a review” notification. You can check your email for the exact time.

I used to use SmartBnB (Hospitable) to send reviews at the last second. It is useful if you’re worried about retaliation for enforcing house rules but want to warn future hosts.

(I am not using Hospitable anymore because other than leaving timed reviews, the other draw was scheduled pre-written messages, and AirBnB itself now supports those. I only have one listing and don’t need the features to manage multiple listings, block calendars on multiple listing sites, or schedule cleaners.)

1 Like

So what I am hearing is that if the guest checked out on Wed Dec 27 and I received the “leave a review” notification at 3pm that day, then I have until 3pm Wed Jan 10.

Correct! I’m not sure if the time is up at 2:59 PM or 3:00 PM.

1 Like

I got a review prompt for the guest who checked out today, and as I’ve never really paid attention to the time of day when I receive them, this time I did.

It was sent at 2:04 pm my time. My listed check out time is 4 pm. So it obviously doesn’t correspond to an individual host’s check-out time.

1 Like