Welcome to AirHostsForum.com!

We are a community of AirBnb hosts. This forum is dedicated to connecting hosts with other hosts. Sign up to get the latest updates and news just for AirBnb hosts!

This is why you don’t Airbnb when you RENT!

Good for the landlord. A contract is a contract. Another reason this property owner would never rent long term. Tenants for the most part are not worth the hassle.

RR

I was really surprised to see this statement in the article:

“It’s unusual to see the Tenancy Agreement explicitly state that sub-leasing on Airbnb is prohibited,” Powell said.

I would think that after 9 years of Airbnb more landlords would be clued in by now.

Well they may not have a specific Airbnb clause @K9KarmaCasa but I would imagine the vast majority would have a no sub letting clause, which would cover STRs.

I rented to tenants in Toronto. The article is quite right in saying that it’s a precedent.

It’s standard for a lease in Toronto to include no subletting (though not necessarily Airbnb specific.). However, being awarded the profits is groundbreaking.

Of course, collecting those profits is a whole new ballgame!

There are all sorts of things you can not do detailed in a Lease, not sure why the lease would go into the ways you could go about doing those.

Altcoin Fantasy - Crypto Fantasy Trading and Simulation Game - Win Bitcoin and Altcoins!