They smoked pot and my whole house smells like weed

I have a similar pattern most people booking within a couple of months of staying apart from for my events and festivals.

We had guests who had very recently been in an Air in Italy. We read his rapturous review of it beforehand it was a real eulogy: the wonderful view from the terrace, the complimentary wine and olives, the tranquil garden, blah blah blah it must have been 300 words long … so of course I was super-anxious that we wouldn’t measure up but The Husband pointed out that we had all that except for the sea view. Anyway, guests came, he told us repeatedly how much he liked us and our place, his girlfriend loved it too and they did give us 5 stars. And what fulsome praise did he give us in the review?

“Great place. Highly reccommend.”

Sheesh …

2 Likes

Oh @Malagachica I do feel for you :smile: :blush:

But I have to ask did you offer the free wine and olives… :wink:

And never worry about measuring up to other people.

1 Like

We should have a map tracking recalcitrants and head them off. We could leave a message on our listing “If that’s you Bob and Cindy Lafeyette don’t bother booking. We see you :expressionless:

That reminds me of a bank ad in Australia of a couple in a busy Italian restaurant overlooking the sea ask the owner what the secret of their business success is. The owner’s ancient mother replies in Italian which I translate as: “it’s a tourist restaurant in Italy overlooking the sea. What the f*** do you think the secret of our success is? That and the crappy overpriced pizzas and wine and mandatory 25% service charge”

1 Like

Ha. That would be funny. One of the big, big flaws in the Airbnb review system for my listing is the 2 week time period delay. The couple with the uHaul were here 10 days ago. They haven’t reviewed me yet and haven’t see my private feedback about not burning stuff in people’s houses. Many people’s entire trip could be over before a dozen reviews are even visible.

Something I do for any kind of odors is fill a spray bottle with half water and half white vinegar and spray it all around.

But I have to ask did you offer the free wine and olives …

Yes, we always do! And tapas by the pool, which he said were delicious …