They smoked pot and my whole house smells like weed

One of the things I love about this forum is everyones different perspective.

I leave a review for every guest, or almost every guest.

I do this because I know how important reviews are for guests, particularly new guests, and generally I have lovely guests.

I still get marked down for location, which drives me to insanity !!!

1 Like

I also leave a review for every guest and almost always the first day. But if I had bad guests or was expecting bad reviews I’d probably have a different approach.

Reviews aren’t perfect but it’s one of the few things we have to try to drive inappropriate guests (and hosts) off the platform.

2 Likes

I don’t usually leave reviews because inevitably, I’ll be cracked back on something by them if I leave a review first. Have lived and learned.

I don’t think I’ll ever get over how polar opposite our experiences have been. Sometimes I wonder if I even belong on this forum. I mean, how can I help anyone if I never have any problems? LOL.

I don’t fit in. Wah! :sob::sob::sob:

2 Likes

LOL!!! But that is just it! Because we have opposite experiences, we can help a variety of hosts with all kinds of issues!

I mean you have had “you know who” as a guest, you also had the needy cancer guest, plus you had the parking idiots then you had the water bottle thieves… So you have had some things go on. Not that they were problems per se… they just were quirky situations.

As long as we’re talking reviews…here’s one I got last week from guests who stayed a week:

“Extremely friendly host who provided a lot of information on the area!”

(Here’s the private feedback):

“Thank you so much for everything! Your kindness and your beautiful condo have made our stay memorable!”

Oh, the inequality of it all!

3 Likes

Show off :blush: :kissing_heart::stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::cold_sweat:

2 Likes

I think it’s called “humblebragging.” LOL. Once that “reversion to the mean” that I’m overdue hits

Hey we should highjack this thread and all post our latest review and private feed! No cheating now! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::star_struck:

I’ll go first…

1 Like

Of course, this game is only available to people who are willing to “out” their listing.

Well, mine’s out already but you can’t tell what my listing is from what I’ve posted, can you?

Also I think Kona was kidding since she didn’t post anything.

1 Like

Isn’t this your listing title?

04 PM

Ah, yes… correct. But one could edit that out or obscure it. Meh, I think I’ll just delete the post since I’ll be the only one playing.

1 Like

@Helsi thanks for playing! LOL.

1 Like

It’s basically impossible to compare a room in someone’s house with an entire vacation property. As I kind of implied above, I get great reviews so of course I encourage them. Many people also write in my guestbook and I enjoy reading those as well. It can be frustrating getting the best part in the feedback and not the public review. At this point I doubt many potential guests are reading many reviews, they are just looking at the number, the stars, the room price. I have to say my favorite reviews are from people who have stayed at several Airbnb’s and then then rave about mine.

1 Like

My guests have read LOTS of the reviews. One of the reasons that they choose to stay with me, or so they say.

Sorry, I should have said “my guests.” I get so many last minute reservations from on the road I just can’t imagine them reading many of them. That’s not to say “never.” The woman who stayed with me twice with cancer that I posted about previously not only read all my reviews she read all the messages in both guest books. I know this because she told me. LOL.

1 Like

And my “typical” guest books far in advance. Someday, I should run an average on that.

Here’s the first 6 months of my calendar in 2017 and this year. It gives you an idea of how last minute my bookings are. Beginning of this week my last reservation until Sunday the 28th was Tuesday the 23rd. Off the top of my head I’d say 75% of my bookings are less than 3 days out.

Yah I was kidding. But you don’t have to out your listing…

Here’s the latest… Another happy guest!! :laughing::laughing: