The worst of being a Host (new to airbnb)

That’s a good idea. We have three rechargeable Dysons, but a “crawler” sounds like a great idea.

I had one very early, in the first year or two that they were on the market. My poor little Roomba was docked in a bathroom closet. On the days it was to run, I left the closet door open. It always got out of the closet fine and then inevitably navigated directly to the one obstacle it couldn’t escape. It got itself tragically and permanently trapped next to the toilet, where it would whine in frustration until its battery ran down. It did provide some “entertainment” for the cat I had then, however.

I’m certain they’re much better now. Roombas, not necessarily cats. Might give one another try.

2 Likes

I, too had an early version. Mine was Neato brand, now I have two Eufy brand. I had similar problems with my first one. The house was too big, and the layout with furniture was problematic. Now I have multiple baby gates up for the dogs which makes the spaces for the vacs more manageable. I also no longer have that nasty stuff known as “wall to wall carpet.” My eufy works fine on the area rugs and tile. I’d suggest putting the robot vac in the room and closing the door. Just make sure all cords are neatly managed likek stuck behind furniture or zip tied up off the floor. Any furniture the vac can’t get under or around has to me moved. I now buy furniture that sits low to the floor or I make sure is high enough for the vac to easily go under.

3 Likes

I heard read somewhere about a host finding a gun under the mattress. I check drawers and between the boxsprings and mattress now, very carefully…

RR