The way NOT to deal with guests who 'overstay'

Saini has been in trouble with the law before. She has an active $20,000 bench warrant for her arrest in San Mateo County…

… failed to appear in court for a jury trial that was scheduled for June 3 in a misdemeanor vandalism case in which Saini was charged on suspicion of keying a person’s car in 2015 after the two met at a public storage unit in San Mateo. Saini had expected to purchase an item but it did not meet her expectations and she became frustrated when the seller refused her demand for $20 to compensate her for her gas and time

Sounds like she has a history of poor impulse control and poor decision-making.

“Yeahhh. 11 fewer units to compete with. I’m a f*n genius!”

3 Likes

LOL. Maybe. Or maybe they are worried about that permanent record called posting on the internet. I think some people become hosts because they can’t hold down regular jobs. Addiction, criminal records, immigration status, etc. And then when the rent comes due they get a little cray cray.

1 Like

I wonder what will happen with the properties now now that the host has been blocked. Those addresses forever blacklisted?

I can’t imagine the address would be blocked unless it was condemned or something. The host is what gets blocked, a new PM can take over a property. I see reviews where “Randy was an awesome host” for a while, then “Betty” was a great host, now “Felicia” is a great host. Revolving corporate PMs. (not their real names)

The host can just create a new profile and start listing again. There are hosts here who can tell you how it’s done.

Some are quite expert at it.

1 Like