The problem with long-term guests

I think this deserves an LOL. :slight_smile:

I donā€™t really know what hip hop is.

I miss having my gym membership and the free childcare. But sadly weā€™ve moved and the gym that has childcare is no longer conveniently located. Another stay or two and Iā€™m joining the community center and my 10 YO can babysit during nap time. I love my 10YO, gonna miss him at camp!

1 Like

Oh-ohā€¦sounds like you might be too old. [grin]

Exactly Faheem! Iā€™m in a town of 1300 year round residentsā€¦this isnā€™t Charlotte! - lol

I can really relate - Iā€™m sure many of us do. Getting bookings can be a bit of a high (ā€œthey like me!ā€) and no bookings can feel like rejection. My husband gets a text, and I get an email when requests come in. Before we were booked up it was so fun - his phone would chime, then mine, and we knew it was airbnb. It was so exciting in the early days.

I still do check my phone first thing every day.

And yes, we had a long term guest our 4th & 5th month. It really slowed things down and I had no way of knowing if it was seasonal or if it was because we were booked, or if our business was flopping- so I regrettedit, though we did love the guest. He was great.

We also had a lot of improvements to make, even adding a bathroom. Now we have profit to make, lol, so we have to stop wandering around TJ Maxx finding fun things to add to the space!!

Air came into my life at a particularly difficult time relationaly. Having guests ā€˜like meā€™ was such a boost. However, when a host gave me an undeserved crappy review, it slayed me. We canā€™t live-and-die by the sword of Airbnb, lol!

It does even out over time. It becomes more of a job. The charming guests from France become just people that need to check-out so you can get the rooms cleaned for the friendly family from the Netherlandsā€¦The sad thing no projects last forever. The shine on new toys does wear offā€¦ Now the mom of this new family really wants to talk and connect but I donā€™t have the emotional energy to connect like that any more. I just donā€™t.

I hope that helps - and/or fits with what you are saying.

2 Likes

Yep thatā€™s it! And I know down the line Iā€™ll appreciate the laid back, no hassle, long-term guest (not a crappy one though).