The new "live there" ads

Yes!!! I was even speaking about this with the hotel staff. Customers don’t want a cookie cutter experience, so many hotels are taking on the style you describe. The one I stayed at is decorated in a very warm, inviting and cozy style with a lobby you’d want to hang out in… including games, books, free wine hour and fireplace. Ambiance is like Granma’s parlor. There’s even a grandfather clock! I found it all very appealing!

1 Like

Free wine? Count me in. I’ve only once had that (at a gorgeous bed & breakfast in northern Florida) and it was wonderful.

1 Like

@kona: impersonal as to decor, not in how they personally treat you. In BIG hotels: you get room #352, and you know it will be in the 3rd floor, and then it be a long hallway of doors leading to separate cubicles, which one knows they have the same sterile efficient decor. That is how they achieve ‘economies of scale’ of course.

Smaller more quaint hotels of course are a different animal; as one can find so much easier throughout Europe. The rise in popularity in the 80’s and 90’s of B&B’s is probably a reaction to such sameness of corporate hotels,and now to these booking agencies (AirBnB, VRBO, etc) taking it a step further; now making easier to book people’s private home all in the pursuit perhaps of being cheaper true, but perhaps an easier way for people to find places with more of a personal touch.

I agree their 2nd ad is not as strong as the one from February, perhaps it is too hmm…chummy?

Just a thought, but I would now do a campaign focused on their hosts, those of course with charming personalities, which I am sure they have more than plenty of interesting hosts to draw from, judging from this board. I don’t think Chen will make the cut (couldn’t resist).

4 Likes