The new "live there" ads

EGG-xactly!!! who goes to Paris to hang out with hosts? Who goes to Hawaii to sit in the room?

1 Like

I know right! I want to see a volcano go up! Ha

2 Likes

Any French will tell you that our eggs are better than anywhere else because theyā€™re French eggs :slight_smile:

4 Likes

My guests who arrived this afternoon mentioned the ad and were laughing about it saying how daft it is :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is what it currently looks like:

4 Likes

Oui oui!! of course!

:-o

Shocked and amazed!!

1 Like

And this is what we see daily here on the reefs!
Yet I am dinged on location and valueā€¦ when a full apartment is never over $100 per night. That is why Iā€™ll never be a SuperHost. But I really donā€™t want to be!!!

4 Likes

My goodness kona, that reef is fabulous.

2 Likes

Yesā€¦ we suffered a depressing bleaching event last year due to warn El Nino waters but we have seemingly recovered! Iā€™m out there as much as I canā€¦ and every day there are new wonders here.

1 Like

Just breathtaking! I canā€™t imagine!

Hello hosts :-)!
Have you seen that they have change the ads?? Now the slogan ā€œlive thereā€ is not about living in the guestā€™s house anymore but about living the city as if you lived there, possibly taking advantege of the recommendations of the great hosts :blush:
I like it! It is like they were reading our forum, hehe

This is one of my dreams!! :tropical_fish: :tropical_fish: :tropical_fish:

1 Like

On the flipping omelets thing, I have just seen the ad again and the man is not flipping an omelet, but a crĆŖpe :slight_smile: in fact it seems heā€™s learning to cook crĆŖpes with his host. So itā€™s definitely a french thing to do :slight_smile:

BTW, this reminds me, in retrospect: I believe their February ā€˜Like This/Live Thereā€™ was more focused on using certain unusual places as a ā€˜leadā€™ item for exposure; meaning a place that serves as a ā€˜hookā€™ for people to inquire about, and thus make a quest make an account with AirBnB in the first place. The statistics of the first spot of that campaign (my Bird Island) have been up to 60,000 views of the island a month and the actual inquiries are 98% coming from people that just joined AirBnB just to inquire.

The point of the new campaign comes across to me as pushing the angle of ā€˜livingā€™ there vs. staying somewhere in parallel to it (impersonal hotel). I would have brought in the host more into the picture, but that is just me.

1 Like

I am thrilled to see them advertising as most of my friends and family are only beginning to hear about AIRBNB let alone get your heads around it.

That being said, with the reported earnings I hear reported, seems like we should be hoping for a much better/more advertising. Just my thoughts.

And, no, I donā€™t hope guests make tents out of my sheets.

My ideal guests, though, are interested in learning about and experiencing some of what the Derby City has to offer, appreciate that they are staying in the home in which I live, and are open to hearing about restaurants and activities worth doing here that you cannot experience anywhere else.

We shall seeā€¦lol

1 Like

Every day that I go out I see something fabulous. Yesterday it was eels, pufferfish and turtles. Stunning varieties of sea life abound.

1 Like

I just think there are a lot of hosts (such as me) who donā€™t want to be in the picture making crepes with guests. I think the first campaign with its more general approach was better. The new one, which focuses on the LIVE there aspect hits a bit too close to home. No pun intended.

Not all hotels are impersonal. I loved my recent stay at the Normandy in DC. The staff knew our names and made sure all of our needs were met. It was a small boutique hotel experience. Hotels are not necessarily a bad thing, or a less expensive option compared to Air.

All the ads are here if you havenā€™t seen them / donā€™t have a telly like me.

I think itā€™s cute but I think the voice over should be in the accent of the country the ads are focused on ā€¦ eg a Parisian English accent. To me it just comes off a bit fake in the American English voice over - maybe itā€™s just that particular voice. I donā€™t know.

1 Like

I read somewhere that now many hotels are changing their decoration of the room like if they were a home: books, cosy ambience, textiles with a personal touchā€¦ it was said to be an effect of the success of the culture of hosting fostered by airbnb :smirk:

1 Like