The latest "must have" cleaning device

This made me laugh.

Sorry about the source.

JF

1 Like

Quite right too. I’ve never seen so many pop ups, so much so, I could barely see the skiddy remover gadget.

@JohnF wash your mouth out posting content from that horrid everything phobic, racist, sexist rag :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Still made me laugh though!

I suppose in addition to all the other phobics, we can now say the DM is officially skidmarkophobic :poop:

JF

2 Likes

You have made my day @JohnF we should refer to it as the Skid Mark Tabloid from now on…seems appropriate :grinning: :grinning: :smiley: :smile: :grin:

1 Like

My pleasure. I reckon if they were sufficiently stubborn that a lavvy brush and bleach couldn’t handle it, I’d just get my angle grinder out!

JF

2 Likes

Sandpaper. Really fine sandpaper.

Dremel. Been there, done that. Our water is liquid rock. It forms a ring that has to be ground off.

Super hard water where I live. A pumice stone works to remove the ring. The hard water also over time plugs up the water flow holes under the rim, causing the toilet to stop giving a full flush. Every couple of years I have to deal with that- close the water valve, empty the tank, pour a cup of muriatic acid down the flapper, leave it o’nite. In the morning, open the valve, flush and WHOOSH.

1 Like

Haven’t had that happen, but appreciate the tip. We keep muriatic acid on hand for cleaning up our rock hounding treasures. We do have to periodically soak the shower heads in CLR or eventually pitch them and buy new when that no longer works.

I use plain white vinegar for soaking the shower heads. Works fine and a lot cheaper than CLR. I found out about the toilet flush trick when I couldn’t figure out why it was doing a wimpy flush. Was thinking my septic needed pumping. Went online and googled it, and found out about how the holes having reduced space causes the flushing problem. You wouldn’t believe the gunk that you find floating in the bowl the morning after that acid treatment.

1 Like

I think your sand blaster would be easier…

I’m wondering if it would be effective in cleaning tile grout??? My kitchen floor tiles could do with more than my usual 50/50 bleach and baking soda mix.

That said, I have no idea what colour grout was used when the tiles were laid. Perhaps it was grey from the outset…