THe infamous one star review

It was your words, not mine:

Honestly I have little hope for the future and will remove my listings soon.

So no assumptions necessary.

getting any help on a foum has become challenging too .

I, and many others, have received a lot of help on here, and didn’t once find it challenging.

JF find something better to do, like helping the orginal poster

I’ve got no input that’d help her in any way, so on that basis I’ve said nothing, unlike your “helpful” response.

JF

2 Likes

Children, behave.

I have explained my reason for my pricing ad nauseum on this thread. Please read it.

In a competitive situation, new entrepreneurs are rarely pleasant. It takes time to be confident. Trust your own judgement.

I continue to get bookings on the maligned listing. Now I just need to fix the metrics. And write the article.

This forum has it’s moments. But we are passionate hosts.

6 Likes

Update here. I called CS tonight to ask how many 5 stars I needed to get back to 4.8. I had been at 4.9 for over a year. Apparently WORST PLACE EVER is within TOS. Or is it? He is going to confer with his team. I have 2-five stars since. And I am praying.

2 Likes

I hope not to have an experience like this; and especially hope not to get a response like that from Airbnb. Hosts provide conveniences above the normal; so no one in their right mind can complain. Airbnb is not the only platform on the planet, & if they encourage animals who tear up the place, then THEY should be dropped. Potential guests should be vetted, & rules strictly enforced. Everything in a home costs money, & it is a source of livelihood; so there can/will be zero tolerance for lowlives!

3 Likes

You have to defend yourself by responding to his review.

An excellent host can be knocked off platform by a few badly behaved, damaging, insulting and even criminal guests.

Yet the guest can stay on platform.

3 Likes

God Bless. Literally.

In the last 3 days I have had 3 more five stars. Very nice people.

2 Likes

Back like a bad penny.

Have you ever had a challenge with Air math?-Here is why.

In 2+ years I am 91 percent 5 star. The las12 months are trickier because several reservations overlapped at that time at the end of June. But all in all, I have had one four star, one one star, and the rest five star.

My summation says 4.8 but the number on Superhost status is 4.6.

Any ideas?

“Senior women are also consistently rated as the best hosts on Airbnb”
Nice!

3 Likes

So first the Superhost rating is for a 1 year …so current period is Jul 1, 2018 thru June 30, 2019

Then …someone once mentioned that one needs the following number of 5 Star reviews to.make up for the bad apple:

• List item
    A single 4-star rating, you need 4 perfect 5-star ratings to average 4.8
    A single 3-star rating, you need 9 perfect 5-star ratings to average 4.8
    A single 2-star rating, you need 14 perfect 5-star ratings to average 4.8
    A single 1-star rating, you need 19 perfect 5-star ratings to average 4.8
1 Like

How many total reviews in the last 12 months? Given what you said about having only one 4-star and one 1-star and the rest 5-star, a score of 4.6 would mean you have 14 (or less) 5-star reviews in the past year, in addition to those other two non 5-star reviews. To be at 4.8, you would need 23 (or more) 5-star reviews in the past year. That doesn’t include any rounding that Airbnb might be doing.

Also, the only reviews that will matter for the next SuperHost assessment are the reviews from July 1, 2018 and later. I don’t know whether the cutoff is the date of the start of the reservation, the end of a reservation, or the review submission, but my guess would be end of a reservation simply because the assessment period is 14 days and that matches the time guests have to submit reviews after a reservation ends.

[Edit] Corrected the number 23 above (previously was 28).

2 Likes

Hello. That is so helpful, because I have been trying to work out why I am still lagging despite a lot of 5 stars. My bookings certainly fell off a cliff when SH lost. My SH was cut off with a 1 star for everything after smashing doors that Airbnb paid to have replaced - and a review so shocking no right minded person would believe it. Getting to my point though, I havent been operating for 1 year…so my SH status only lasted 5 months. AirBnB was fully informed about the problem guest and evan paid up for the damage. Yet I got no reprieve on the review. Funnily enough my 4 status is mainly for “location”. Cannot do anything about that, and to be frank the location is great. Many other guests say it is the location they love. Go figure.

1 Like

That’s so odd. There are many here who claim that SH status doesn’t matter. If this were to happen to me I’d probably limit stay length so as to try and promote more shorter stays. If I had a two night minimum on weekends I’d change that to one night as the weekend approached to try to get in some one night bookings.

1 Like

Thank you very much for this.

I have 18 reviews in the last year. One is 4, one is I, and the rest are fives. The last four came this week. Math is not my strong point. But if I need 28 five stars, I will need ten more fivers to go. Yes, it’s possible. Horrible, but possible.

Has anyone heard anything more about the announcement for one revenge review a year removed? Or was that just hot air?

I had a revenge review and the rating removed via Facebook last week . All communication was available through the Airbnb messages and the CS could see they lied. Action started after waiting a week with no action. I then posted a massive rant on Facebook and updated it every day with their non action, also got $200 on a $500 claim.

4 Likes

Sorry, when I saw your response I realized I fat-fingered somthing. The number of 5-star reviews you need is only 23 to get a rating of exactly 4.8, and that’s if Airbnb doesn’t do any rounding. If they do rounding, it could be less.

2 Likes

Brian, and to all of you, I am so very grateful for your help. Big hugs to all of you. And also to those of you who lost SH because of some horrible guest. One way or another, we are going to find our way out of this!

Cheers!

2 Likes

Nice, good job!! 2020

2 Likes

I leave it out for guests.

2 Likes

I am so very impressed with your answer. It puts everything in perspective, gracious lady

We are decent people offering accommodation in our homes. We never signed on to apes running rampant, and then destroying our reputation and our property with a malicious click and review.

The founding fathers probably never anticipated it either. But a hotelier has staff and security and hierarchies to back them up. We don’t. And it’s attracting lowlives.

2 Likes