The guest who knew too little

A non-responsive guest IS a reason for a penalty-free cancellation. Just call Air about it - they might try the guest one more time, but will then cancel the stay.

Some examples of when a host can cancel penalty-free include:

• The guest has several unfavorable reviews that concern the host
  • The guest hasn’t responded to questions the host needs to know about their trip
  • The guest makes it clear they’ll likely break one of the host’s house rules, like bringing a pet or smoking

They only let you cancel for “uncomfortable” reasons 3x/year, so save those for “I just have a bad feeling about this…”

2 Likes

Thank you, Allison! In each case I had specific reasons.

Why not? How do those people act once they do arrive? How do your reviews end up? Personally, I don’t intend to make idle threats. If the consequences have been given I follow up as I have promised.

1 Like

Booking.com requires you to take everyone…

Hopefully they read the check-in instructions so you don’t find 2 skeletons on your front porch because they couldn’t check in! :ghost:

2 Likes

Well folks, the guest who knew too little has marked me one star right across the board, with the comment “worst place ever”. This takes me down to 4.8. Someone said it takes 16 five stars to dig yourself out. I appealed to the CM involved.