The allure of drunken outside urination for males

When people use urine to water plants, the urine is on the soil, not poured over the plants. Also, urine is sterile, not teeming with bacteria, as some might imagine.

1 Like

That’s one of those folk tales that’s not true, like my dad telling me it was okay if the dog licked my skinned up knee as a kid.

2 Likes

Okay, you are right, it’s not exactly sterile, as it does contain bacteria, but most of the bacteria is normal, beneficial bacteria found in healthy humans, not something generally teeming with dangerous bacteria that makes people sick.

As a man I can say it’s probably not the worst or most-abused aspect of the patriarchal society we live in.

4 Likes

Well this thread sure is getting attention! I am in the it’s ok to whip it out and pee when nobody’s looking camp. No amendment to the constitution needed.

Lol

RR

6 Likes

(This may be TMI)
After removal of my ovarian cysts, it REALLY hurt to sit. I thought about it a bit, then sent my DH out to the auto parts store for one of those really long plastic funnels, I think they’re for oil. Trial and error led to running very hot water over the top of it to bend the circle into more of an oval. Press firmly (but gently of course!) up into the girly bits to form a tight seal, and aim for the toilet like a potty-training little boy. It worked really well.

4 Likes

Did I mention how much I love this forum?!

8 Likes

Remember the SheWee? It was a device, possibly English. to allow girls to pee standing up at festivals and so on.

3 Likes

There is a true medical device of a similar design for post op incontinent women for use instead of a Foley catheter

2 Likes

A few, many, years ago my 18 year old son moved out of home into a share house with his mates. It was a beautiful house on a hill among rainforest.

When I arrived for a look around,

“Yeah … views are good old man but take a look at this.”. We walked onto a bridge between two wings of the building suspended above forest.

“Ya can just stand here and …”

Trouble is … I related.

2 Likes

There are so many of these funnels now…I see most of them for women who hike as it is beneficial in the woods.

2 Likes

I can see it being beneficial for many situations, but why “hiking in the woods”? You just go behind a tree, pull down your pants and pee.

3 Likes

Google it and you’ll get multiple reasons.

Yes, and none of those reasons resonate at all with me. As I said, I don’t find it any big deal to squat in the woods.

1 Like

yes, the “bush wee” it’s called here, something we teach our kids from a young age. Well, at least it was a thing, parents are prissy nowadays.

2 Likes

A+ for creative writing😄

2 Likes

Not all of them. My grandkids who are growing up in the countryside (4 of them between 2 daughters, the 3rd, with her two, has always lived in the suburbs or city) pretty much peed outside unless it was cold winter.