Welcome! We are a community of AirBnb hosts

This forum is dedicated to connecting hosts with other hosts. Sign up to get the latest updates and news just for AirBnb hosts! Note that we are not affiliated with Airbnb - we are just passionate hosts!

Taking over as host and splitting how the rental income is recognized

Hi all,

I am going to be taking over hosting duties for a friend who owns a property. Going forward, we would like some of the rental income to be recognized under my tax ID so we don’t run into any issues w/ Uncle Sam.

Has anyone done this before? I am thinking the preferred scenario would be two separate bank accounts tied to our listing with our agreed-upon percentages going into each account. Will it be as simple as him adding me as a co-host? And then we can choose how the rental income is allocated? Or should we be going about this a different way.

I will of course reach out to Airbnb for their support, but I often find the users of this forum know better than Airbnb customer service so I wanted to ask here as well.

Thank you!

Altcoin Fantasy - Crypto Fantasy Trading and Simulation Game - Win Bitcoin and Altcoins!