Switching to minimum 3 day stay?

You can select the weekends and set a different minimum stay for the weekend dates. It’s a bit clunky. As I could only do it one weekend at a time. I was setting minimum for the 3 day holiday weekends.

1 Like

I have only 7 days booking. And I see that many hosts choose the same.

Ok. Im thinking of DOUBLING my cleaning fee to $100! The question is would I get longer bookings or no bookings?I only want to clean the room 4 to 6 times a month.I changed my checkout tim to 10am, that has helped me get a jump on the room. It seems like right after someone leaves a couple hrs later I have someone right behind them.Im scrambling to get it done as we have lost our incredible landscaper, we now have to do that too. Ive been cleaning the room as much as 12 times a month🙈 . I feel like I am always cleaning. Im wondering if its excessive.The guestquarters are only 500 sq ft, NOT a huge house;there is no stove also.I currently charge 55. Im afraid if I say I only want 5 day bookings it will kill business.I have checked around and I notice hosts that say they have a minimum of say a week stay have very little business…I geuss I just need to try it and see.

In the Trip Length section, you can set minimums for any period - any start date to any end date after it.

Hi Nita,

I know! Feast or famine! The back to back guests mean an awful lot of cleaning…Here’s my take on this, for what it’s worth:

Five days booking minimum might lose you bookings and two day is too much cleaning. I charge $60. Location and size of your listing do make a difference. If you live in a very touristic area, it might be worth your while to ask for 5 day min . If not…$100 cleaning fee might be too much for guests. If it becomes overwhelming I ask for help and I pay them the $60. Creates a bit of xtra business for someone;-) and it gives me a break. Otherwise I mostly do the cleaning myself from top to bottom: it only takes one guest to discover one speck of dust and moan about it;-)
Best wishes!
patricia

Setting a very high cleaning fee is an invitation to guests to trash the place. I mean, they’re gonna say, well, I’ve paid for them to do all this cleaning dammit!

I’d suggest have your 5 or 7 night minimum set on the calendar, but relax it for smaller unbooked gaps between, or for unbooked periods too close to now that they may not get filled. In those cases, have a shorter minimum.

Not true. I’ve never had a guest do that. My fee is $85.

1 Like

Bang goes that theory!

(Thanks Mr La-di-da)

1 Like

I have a three day minimum stay. To clean 1600 sq ft (3 BR 2.5 BA) is too much work for a two day rental (unless I raise the cleaning fee substantially; so here we go again with higher cleaning fee or longer rentals; I don’t know the correct answer). Some guests use having a third night to stay into the evening before they travel home.

And about a higher cleaning fee: I looked at the local hotel rates for 1 & 2 nights. The guest will usually pay less for a hotel room than if I charge a higher cleaning fee, keep my current rate, & consider the AIRBNB fees. I’m on the same page as the prior post suggesting to consider the local market.

I have my minimum set at 2 days currently, how can you make the calender only allow 3 days+ at one point and 2 at another? Like i would want to only allow 3 days+ for all my calender, and 1-2 days minimum for the next 2 weeks. Preferably always like that (like always allow 1-2 days bookings 2 weeks out), but if i had to update the dates every week that would be ok too.

You can set length requirements for specific dates on the calendar. Click “Availability Settings.” Edit “Trip Length,” then “Add additional requirement.”

2 Likes