Survey on Smart Devices in Airbnb Rentals

Dear Airbnb hosts,

We would like to invite you to participate in our short online survey (~5-10 minutes) about smart devices in Airbnb apartments.

As the number of smart devices in Airbnb apartments increases, we aim to understand Airbnb guests’ experiences and preferences regarding these smart devices.

What you get in return: If you wish, we will send you our survey results as early as possible. In addition, you can take part in a follow-up study for which you can receive up to 50$ as compensation. This follow-up study will also provide detailed insights into your guests’ preferences. As a result, you can adapt your Airbnb rentals to their wishes to increase your guests’ satisfaction.

Please note: This online survey is conducted at a German university and the results will be published in a scientific paper. Your participation will remain anonymous.

If you are interested, please follow this link to the online survey:
https://migroup.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_2bjfno2VYGl4yBU

Thank you in advance, and please feel free to contact me if you have any questions,

Maximiliane Windl, M.Sc.
Media Informatics Group, LMU Munich

1 Like

This post has been approved by a moderator. I also examined the link and took the initial survey.

4 Likes

I gave up when it asked me for the name of manufacturer and model number of each device.

1 Like

How would a study give any host insight into their guests’ preferences?
Airbnbs are not some generic thing, and guests are individuals with disparate preferences. Different listings attract different types of guests. Some listings’ attraction is that they are remote and rustic and “smart” devices would be completely out of place. And personally I would never book a place full of “smart” devices I had to waste my time trying to figure out.

The problem with all these surveys hosts get asked to participate in is that the people who create them are not hosts and therefore have no idea what would be valuable information for them.

2 Likes

How will this happen, without asking my guests?

2 Likes

@maximiliane
Why not survey GUESTS instead of hosts?

2 Likes

I did the survey, it was very short, I guess because I answered no to the question on whether I had any smart home devices.

1 Like