Surely it's time to give hosts a couple of days a year off from responding?

I think us members of The Church of the Jedi Knights are far more ridiculed than those who follow the cool looking dude from two thousand years ago…

JF

3 Likes

Ah indeed. That was an odd expectation. The whole thing could have ended right after “Guess what you can snooze your listing”.

But … then we would not have know about blueberry pancake day - so the drama is SO worth it.

1 Like

Absolutely! Blueberry Pancake Day makes sense as a day off, as we won’t want to get syrup on our phones.

It’s not just days, if you’re in the hospitality industry it’s a 24/7/365 business.

We have a separate mobile with our “work” number, which we pass between us depending on who’s available (mostly me :smile:). This is more for BDC and VRBO than Airbnb.

Emails/enquiries get dealt with when they arrive, if we’re awake. It only takes a couple of minutes and a quick “excuse me, I need to deal with this” if in company.

None of it is onerous, unless its my turn for the mobile and I get a Catalán, speaking Spanish, where I usually do the “No puedo escucharte” and ask them to email :smile:

I keep threatening to learn Catalán, then OH says maybe concentrate on your Spanish first…

JF

5 Likes

Not to mention “ruining an ENTIRE Christmas Gala Lunch for 8” … if your phone were to so much as beep just one time!

Gasp … fainting!

2 Likes

First world problems.

2 Likes