Surely it's time to give hosts a couple of days a year off from responding?

Oh, that’ll be the day :roll_eyes:

7 Likes

OK - Moderator (if that is what you actually are) please take this thread down. I came here looking for assistance and decided to be transparent about things important to me. I didn’t expect such disgusting rudeness.

Those of you who deride people of other faiths (and yes ‘no faith’ is a belief as well) are nothing better than bullies and have shown the dark underbelly of this site because of your own prejudice.

It seems we are rightly not allowed to discriminate against guests on the basis of faith but its open slather here against hosts.

Delete please. Thank you.

Here we go again; topic starter doesn’t get the answers they were looking for, therefore they are being bullied/derided/etc.

Grow up for heathens sake.

If getting guest enquiries bothers you so much then maybe STR isn’t for you. In fact, given the state of the hospitality industry across the world, you should be extremely grateful you actually have guests to make enquiries.

Eesch, some people.

JF

5 Likes

No John,

Its not the answers I got as you can see from my replies if you cared to read them. The moment I said I was Christian and that my motivation was in learning to manage a couple of days a year that are important to me the bigots came out. Don’t need this. It’s not OK to protect guests and then bully hosts for their faith.

It was real test of this site to see if generally people could talk reasonably with a person of faith - you’ve failed dismally. Yet you expect guests to be treated fairly!

I’ll leave you to it.

I did not see anyone deriding other faiths.

If you actually read the advice you were given, included from @jaquo who, YES, is a moderator, you will find the answers you sought. But if that doesn’t help …

4 Likes

You choose how you run your listing. There are lots of ways to manage dates, check in days, check out days, close days and length of the booking. I am lucky that I don’t need to open my listings when i don’t want to. I make hay when the sun shines at various times of the year which carries the times when I don’t want to be open. Do you need help in setting booking rules?

2 Likes

Actually, you received a BUNCH of helpful hints, almost immediately. Not one person said anything bad about religion.

Perhaps you had a tough day (week?)? Otherwise, why “lose it” because anyone decided to chat about pancakes?

Most channel managers allow “Auto Inquiry Responses” - so your Response Time Stats are maintained and no worry if they come in when you are sleeping or busy. Some of them are under $10 a month.

So, you have choices available right now. Someone pointed out that maybe you need a co-host now and then.

Bottom line - ALL OF US need “Coverage” for different reasons (Vacation, Religion, “Stuff came up”, Whatever, etc). You must decide what meets your needs.

Hope that tomorrow is a better day for you. Maybe a nice stack of pancakes will help? :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Our vote is for “Paleo” pancakes. 2nd the vote for blueberries.

1 Like

The person who mentioned religion first was you. You completely ignored all the good advice given to you on how to manage your business and tried to make it a post about how you are a victim.

Since several members have taken their time to try to help you and others who may be similarly situated it seems quite unreasonable to delete their work.

6 Likes
  1. The most derided faith on earth is not Christianity. It is Islam

2. You did not have to operate over your festive season. You could do what I and many others do who are Christian/want a break over Christmas and block out your dates

3. You could have also set up an automatic reply function for your listing but chose not to

@anon33287864

6 Likes

Why did you find it necessary to put forth your little (false) religious self- pity party here? Many posters here took the time to give you on-point answers to your dilemma.

I’d bet you’ve never missed a flight because you were taken aside and profiled in an airport because of your faith or your nationality. Nor had some “Karen” call the cops on you for innocently going about your business because you looked like you “didn’t belong”.

“The most derided faith on earth” my ass.

6 Likes

Goodness, you seem to have been having a bad day when you responded to my post. I’d like to know why on earth you think I have the word ‘moderator’ by the side of my name if I’m not in fact a moderator?

And no, we don’t delete threads. There are thousands of people who come to this site every day, many being potential or new hosts and as @KKC has said, it’s unfair to the people who have tried to help you to delete their advice.

I was disgustingly rude to you? Please explain further. Thank you.

Okay, now that is genuinely insulting. If you’ve read much of this forum you’ll know that I, along with 99.9% of genuine hosts, decry any sort of prejudice and have said so publicly here in the forum often. Most of us have in our listings that we do not discriminate against anyone on the grounds of race, religion, colour, gender, age, sexual preferences, handicap and, one that has recently become an issue dear to my heart, disfigurement.

So please do not suggest, imply or state that the hosts at this forum are prejudiced bullies.

2 Likes

It seems the OP took great offense at it being pointed out that her original suggestion, that Airbnb give “days off” for Christmas and Good Friday, aren’t holidays that the entire world happens to celebrate.

2 Likes

We don’t expect AirBNB to close down for Passover, Ramadan, Rosh Hashanah, Diwali, Naw Ruz, etc. so there should be no expectation for Christian holidays.

For those wanting to observe their specific religious holidays, just follow instructions provided within this topic, and take the day(s) off.

Planning, Respect, and Patience is required for anyone managing a business

A sense of humor also helps.

5 Likes

@anon33287864,

So … are we feeling better today?

2 Likes

Weird that you didn’t get an answer yesterday, @Jefferson. I see nothing on the ecclesiastical calendar. But it’s now Eve of the Epiphany, so don’t count on anything today. :wink:

6 Likes

Anyone can have a bad day. I assume that she had a really bad one.

Hardly a good reason to literally make fun of her beliefs, wouldn’t you agree?

No. She set this whole thread up to be a “woe is me, poor persecuted Christian” thread. She wasn’t interested in solving the problem, merely in posting about her beliefs. And stating that Christians are the most derided faith on earth is just a flat out lie.

3 Likes

Ah well … not all that important anyway. We gave her loads of info and she posts what? Once a year? I call lurker …

:slight_smile:

I would if I had indeed been making fun of her beliefs. I was making fun of expecting a global corporation to pick one religion’s special days for suspension of its messaging system metrics.
It happens that I chalked my door for Epiphany last night, but answered a guest inquiry immediately afterward, so I know firsthand that it is possible to execute ancient rites while still finding time to say “No, it isn’t possible to squeeze four people into the listing, but thanks for your interest”. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes