Superhosts rewarded with listing now highlighted on Airbnb

Ah ok let me have a think.

Don’t change it! We can just call you Helsinki at random moments!

2 Likes

Yes I saw this when I went incognito yesterday; ours was one of the first listings. Not sure if it’s helping as we’re heading into slow season here and I have a lot of vacant dates. Trying not to drop my prices to rock bottom as Air would like me to. Although of course I’m happy we achieved SH status, I get a little confused when I see some SHs have very few reviews and the last star is only half filled…I also know some of keeping our SH status might truly be luck.

About properties with few or no reviews & host is a superhost:

I’ve been hosting a condo in coastal South Carolina for >3 years. When I listed a new rental at my home in North Carolina, my superhost status showed for that rental too. For my host status, Airbnb considers all of my reviews & all of my rentals which is good & bad. Bad reviews can affect my status for properties the reviews do not concern.

I don’t think all of the low volume superhost statuses are due to multiple properties but a few could be.

1 Like

Hi Arlene

I think if there are very few reviews, they may have multiple listings that bump up their total.

And the last star can be half filled. You can be 4.8 I believe.

1 Like

The only real difference SH made for me was a personal sense of confidence.

This feature is not yet rolled out on all markets but I can see it in my city already.

The problem is that in my city over 40% of hosts are Superhosts and it will be similarly high in other markets.

I haven’t noticed any change although I am a superhost. Like someone wrote above, you need to be in those top 3 or 4 listings shown directly on the first result page to feel any difference, otherwise it doesn’t change much as majority people will scroll down and go to page 2, 3, 4 anyway…

You don’t need to cross your fingers, just go into your stats and it will show you whether you are in line to get SH status for the next quarter :slight_smile:

Thanks Helsa :wink:
We should be good. Just worried because I think someone posted that they were qualified but didn’t get the badge for some reason.

We qualified last go round, at least from the data ABB provides regarding their ticket towards each requirement. However, when I emailed to ask about where our SH status was they gave me the run around about it being a glitch etc. We have had this issue for 4 years as Barcelona is in such a war with ABB I really believe that their is something else going on behind the scenes.

I think there are always glitches such as @azreala has encountered but unless you cancel a booking or get a very bad review in general if it says you are on track then you are. Good luck.

1 Like

Agree.

Our situation is VERY specific and I have brought it up at numerous ABB events to which I have gotten very flippant answers, which makes me believe it is related to the politics of Ada Colou’s war on tourism.

The first Open I brought it up at they said SH wasn’t available in Barcelona. Then at the Paris Open they told me we qualified, but needed ‘engineering’ to look into why it didn’t show up. I gave up after… until I asked most recently, where I got the same response as 3 years ago … ‘you qualify but not sure why you can’t see it’ :joy::joy::joy::joy:

Interesting I have only started to see the SH tracker with in the last 6 months, unless I turned Barcelona on ‘snooze’ and refreshed the page, only then would the SH tracker be visible. Which obviously strengthens my theory that SH availability in Barcelona may have some issues or at least those of us with ‘old’ accounts. :woman_shrugging:t2::woman_shrugging:t2::woman_shrugging:t2::woman_shrugging:t2:

They seem to be doing some sort of A/B/C type testing.
So for example the first person that gets to the page gets the site you’ve shown that says hosted by superhosts.
Then he second person gets to a site saying sites you can book instantly.
And so on…
They are always fiddling with their site so often it’s hard to keep track of it all!