Superhost status a curse?

Far better by way of more bookings or more satisfied / better-ranking guests?

I’ve had that sort of occupancy (and corresponding earnings) or slightly better even without Superhost status. Clearly you’re doing something wrong.

3 Likes

Didn’t read through the whole thing but can’t say I agree with the main premise that to be a superhost you haveto ask for a great review. I have never asked for a great review and have always been a superhost (since my first quarter).

2 Likes

All round better - people are more casual - I think that a lot of the the SuperHost guests are first timers or just expect Airbnb to be like the Hilton but cheaper…!!! No one reads all the stuff you put on the website either!! Every Guest when the get to teh airport call to find out what the address is!!

@ Astaire Not sure if your comment was/is sarcastic about us “Clearly doing something wrong” but it would be much more appreciated reading something a bit more brain generated than an off the cuff comment with no relevance whatsoever.

1 Like

It was just meant to point out the naked truth.

Despite your trumpean bombast about how you’ve got it all sorted, you know best and most of the rest of the hosts here are nitwits, the fact that you haven’t achieved as much occupancy/turnover as some of us lowly non-cookie-offering, non-rubber-duck non-superhosts have, had to be pointed out!

Oh, and you’re right, mine wasn’t a ‘brain-generated’ reply (and don’t forget the hyphen there!) – I didn’t think your smug I-know-it-all post required any response from my higher organs.

7 Likes

Astaire https://airhostsforum.com/u/astaire
August 22

Staywme:

@ Astaire Not sure if your comment was/is sarcastic about us “Clearly
doing something wrong” but it would be much more appreciated reading
something a bit more brain generated than an off the cuff comment with no
relevance whatsoever.

It was just meant to point out the naked truth.

Despite your trumpean bombast about how you’ve got it all sorted, you
know best and most of the rest of the hosts here are nitwits, the fact that
you haven’t achieved as much occupancy/turnover as some of us lowly
non-cookie-offering, non-rubber-duck non-superhosts have, had to be pointed
out!

Oh, and you’re right, mine wasn’t a ‘brain-generated’ reply (and don’t
forget the hyphen there!) – I didn’t think your smug I-know-it-all post
required any response from my higher organs.

Visit Topic
https://airhostsforum.com/t/superhost-status-a-curse/16591/43 or reply
to this email to respond.

In Reply To
Staywme https://airhostsforum.com/u/staywme
August 22
@ Astaire Not sure if your comment was/is sarcastic about us “Clearly
doing something wrong” but it would be much more appreciated reading
something a bit more brain generated than an off the cuff comment with no
relevance whatsoever.

Visit Topic
https://airhostsforum.com/t/superhost-status-a-curse/16591/43 or reply
to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here
https://airhostsforum.com/email/unsubscribe/ceb9e961435b5add93f11e5f917fbbb4a17dbfe529360f9209ccb5f5d2b280f2

Glad I was correct; you’re full of scheisse. Get yourself another drink or whatever you’re on.

Maybe I’m missing something but what is the point of this post? You just copied everything @Astaire said with no comment. I must agree a bit that your post was a bit pompous and seemed to be talking down to the many experienced hosts here. At first I thought you were trying to sell us something. :innocent:

9 Likes

Enough. Stop. …

4 Likes

He’s trying to promote his book @Maggieroni :slight_smile:

1 Like

I thought that was David Boe or are they both promoting a book or blog or whatever @Helsi Thanks for clarification
So when I publish my book from all the great ideas I’m stealing from this forum I’ll be sure to send you all a free copy! :nerd_face::stuck_out_tongue::kissing_heart:

4 Likes

@Konacoconutz
Gladly.
With comments attacking my posts, I just unsubscribed from this craziness.
Another venue going to hell, because people can’t be civilized and have an
adult discussion. To bad that my post was interpreted as “perhaps going to
sell something”, “pompous” and whatever else came to mind.
Nil Carborundum Illegitimo
Peter

I am a super host right now. This too may pass.

In the end this is a business. Being a super host a business decision. It’s a trap to be addicted to the accolades and strive for those. Super host is a psychological tool by the platform company. It’s strategy is to make you keep striving to receive the impossible of PERFECTLY pleasing everyone all the time. This is the road to insanty.

Instead I focus on full disclosure on my profile and listing and consistency when dealing with guests. I have found the carrot handy in managing guests. Free box of Girl Scout cookies and a thNkyou for your patience goes A LONG WAY!

like I SAID THIS IS A BUSINESS AND IF YOU ARE HITTING YOUR MONETARY GOALS FOR YOUR BUSINESS WHAT does IT MATTER IF THAT as a SUPER-HOST OR NOT? nobody is going for this as a tombstone truth.

6 Likes

Oops you are right @Maggieroni.

Apologies @Staywme

2 Likes

Ditto! My Airbnb apartment would be tricked out and have gold ceilings if I put it all right back in. Dang, I use that $$ to live on!

1 Like

Hi everyone, Appreciate the conversation. I’m not sure if it is directly connected to the Superhost status or not, interesting thought. In general I find guests’ expectations are higher and higher. I think it has more to do with the way airbnb markets itself. When you look at the website and the featured homes are tree houses and mansions on the water, plus destinations that include trips, it is hard to remember the airbnb roots of air mattresses on the floor to pay the rent… Folks compare us to hotels and quaint New England Bed and Breakfasts, not other airbnbs. I have lots of first time airbnb users and I often remind them of the original concept of airbnb in my email. Hope this helps…

8 Likes

Very well said. I think we come off being phony and insincere when we go overboard with trying to please and make things just perfect.

2 Likes

Pretty sure most of my guests have no idea what a Superhost is.

2 Likes

Amen sister! Give em an arm and …

2 Likes