Welcome to AirHostsForum.com!

We are a community of AirBnb hosts. This forum is dedicated to connecting hosts with other hosts. Sign up to get the latest updates and news just for AirBnb hosts!

Superhost requirements more difficult starting in April

Looks like starting in April the superhost requirement is a rating of 4.8.
In practice that means 80% of the ratings must be 5 star, and 20% must be 4 star or higher.
Currently, all that is needed is 80% 5 star ratings.

Yup, they must have been aware of the super ho inflation that was starting to happen.

I agree, but I’m not sure this addresses the problem. This just gives too much weight to disgruntled hard to please guests.

Yes, I agree. Sadly.

It’s a percentage game. Don’t sweat a single bad review for your own mental health. I stopped looking at individual review star ratings now I have 150+ reviews with 4.8 overall and 4.9 for Super Ho.

Hi Kona, in my guest book I ask them to leave a review and explain that a 4 for Air means “okay” and a 5 means “good or great” not a 5 star resort you stayed at with hot and cold running servants, an infinity pool and room service. 3 means “very average”, 2 means “meh” and 1 means “terrible”.

I’d actually be happier with TA level reviews and get average 4 star reviews so guest would be able to compare it properly. Sorry it wasn’t really 5 star but the infinity pool is a duck pond, the staff are usually drunk and unavailable to turn down your duvet after 6pm on a Friday and the Japanese sushi chef is having “issues”. :japanese_goblin:

But the host has a funny sense of humor!!! :rofl::rofl: five stars for that.

Hi @JamJerrupSunset,

Personally I like ducks, don’t like sushi (raw fish, yuck), and can turn down my own duvet. 5 star hotels are overrated, imo.

Surely this is still within the last calendar year and most hosts will not be affected? Or is it overall and the 3 stars that a guest gave 4 years ago because they mistakenly expected to be sharing the space with you will have that big of an impact??

Altcoin Fantasy - Crypto Fantasy Trading and Simulation Game - Win Bitcoin and Altcoins!