Super host and increased bookings?

I just got my superhost badge and bookings are obviously increased. I am solid booked one month ahead and it never happened before. And I have inquires every day for September and even October, November. I wonder if Air promotes superhosts or people search for supwehosts specifically.

Congratulations on making superhost; I think you already know the answer to your question, however .

Thanks but no , I donā€™t know the answeršŸ˜€Thatā€™s why I asked .I never search for ā€œsuperhostā€ when I search for listing as a guest.

I was very sure Iā€™ve seen you tell other forum members who post similar questions that superhost doesnā€™t matter. I thought Iā€™d also seen you post on threads where other superhosts on this forum confirmed it didnā€™t matter.

No worries, I have imagined it! This question does come up so often it all melds into one and Iā€™ve lost track :slight_smile: !

1 Like

Ok Zandra. And what is it you are trying to tell me?
I was looking for other superhosts to answer me .

Hi @Yana

I donā€™t notice any difference in bookings, but I am glad itā€™s had such an impact for you.

I have had many guests who tell me that they only stay with Superhosts.

Also, on the Airbnb subreddit the standard advise for guests who dislike the Airbnb listing and/or host is that it is wise to only stay with Superhosts.

May be itā€™s just coincidence then but I am hosting for 2.5 years and I always was getting last minute bookings and never so much into the future like other hosts. But since 14th I get bookings one after another and non stop inquiries.

O wow I did not know . Thanks

I believe that it has mattered to my listing. My results have been far more 4-6 nights stays vs lots of 2-night. So far, my slow months have been December and February. There are a lot of superhosts (far more than the average) in my immediate area, so why would someone stay in a place with a lower star rating, unless it is just cheap?

I know the wisdom of this forum is that it doesnā€™t matter, so I am not trying to start a fight.

2 Likes

p.s. And I believe this is why I am able to charge more than last summer.

1 Like

I also got the vaunted/dreaded SH ā€“ no increase in bookings, but then I looked at my calendar and, contrary to past experience, when I had to adjust the minimum upwards due their ridiculous lowball pricing ā€“ Airbnb went berserko raising my rates with their Smart Pricing!!. I was more than the local (nice) discounted hotel rates! I gasped and ratcheted the prices down. Did they do this because of the SH status? Low vacancy rate? Who knows, too may factors going on here. So weā€™ll see what happens.

Congrats, Yana! Iā€™m glad itā€™s making a difference for you so quickly.

I got my SH badge last year but I have never had any guest or potential guest mention that it was the reason they selected my listing. The inquiries and requests have picked up a little in the last few months but not significantly.

Hey, come to think of it, that little suitcase/briefcase icon that Air glued onto my listing for being business-qualified, hasnā€™t done squat toward increasing any bookings from the ā€œsuitsā€ so I guess Iā€™m not a poster child for success. :frowning_face:

(If truth be told, I prefer another platform because Iā€™m allowed to handle the reservations, payments and refunds directlyā€¦ka-ching!)

Arenā€™t they changing into a transactional platform soon?? At least that is the scuttlebutt

So far, Iā€™m grandfathered in under the original TOS and if things change that affect my last vestige of control, I will go to Plan B.

1 Like

Wow thatā€™s too weird. Usually with smart pricing they give me ridiculously low prices

What platform? You can tellšŸ˜€

@Yana ā€“ The original FK, now TA.

I list with them too but very rarely someone books. I may be us 2 bookings with them this whole time