Summer bookings down 20% year over year

@Lynick4442 No need to apologize. I’d be beside myself. That’s the sort of selfish, irresponsible behavior that necessitates the government lockdowns, and to compound the negligent behavior by not responding to your concerns borders on criminal.

Keep us posted.

2 Likes

Please don’t apologise. You have every reason, and every right to feel both upset and probably very scared.

Fingers crossed, and try to keep active.

3 Likes

Sorry to all of you who recently lost loved ones and friends.

From a rental point of view at least where we are, Southwest Connecticut the STR market is nuts. Although there is a ban on anything shorter than 31 days so not really short term. We had basically one guest who couldn’t travel back home stay from January and now leaving mid June. We will leave it empty for the rest of June to do some work on it and then it was booked by one couple for all of July and August, at good rates.

Unlike others in my area, we kept our standard summer rates simply made it a 1 month minimum and lowered our discount for monthlies. Seeing cottages that charged 25% of what we did for a large 3 bedroom house on a river, now going for the same or more. Response on VRBO was tremendous but about 10% seemed to be scams which is always disheartening.

Oh, boy. A “friend” like that would cease being my friend immediately and I don’t care how long I’ve known them.

Anyone who is brainless enough to come to an event that is advertised as socially distancing while they are sick would be someone I would avoid forever after.

4 Likes

Wow, I am so sorry. I hope no else got infected. What a clueless, selfish thing for him to do. Of course you’re upset- like you needed that on top of losing your mother. I would have turned him away “Thanks for coming, but you aren’t welcome here without a mask and we aren’t hugging, either. Go away.”
But I realize you were probably caught unprepared for such an occurence.
I am so sorry about your mom.

2 Likes