Stained towel, what made it?

I found it was sunscreen that reacts with the spray stain removers

It looks like someone removed nail polish with the towel.

Maybe message the guest and ask? Let them know it all came out so you’re not upset about it, you are just looking to be enlightened because you get these exact same stains from lots of guests and are bamboozled as to what causes it.

On one occasion where we had pink stains on the sheets and pillowcase of one bed, my wife found a single-use bottle of pink-colored temporary hair-dye (UV-reactive, too, according to the label) in the bathroom and a disposable shower-cap covered with pink goo in the same bedroom with the pink-stained sheets. I think the guest left it in their hair overnight and what ended up on the sheets and pillowcase is what escaped the shower cap. It washed out easily. Nothing on the towels that time, though.

When I used to dye my hair brown, it left stains on the towels that look exactly like the photo at the top of this thread, even when the dye wasn’t freshly applied.

1 Like

Yes! It does look like that. I had a guest message me and say she was sorry because her hair dye had stained one of our towels. She mentioned that she hadn’t just dyed it but that it happens sometimes anyway.

She gave me the stained towel while it was still wet so I could get the stains out and I gave her a dark patterned towel to use for the rest of her stay :slight_smile:

Yes, mine would stain even if I’d washed my hair several times since dying it. When I travelled up to Canada in the summer, staying with family and friends, I always travelled with a ratty brown towel so I wouldn’t stain theirs.

1 Like