Speculating on Airbnb's next move - policy extension beyond 14 April?

Exactly, and the thing we can do is stay home and encourage others to stay home. Follow the rules put in place by the government. We are all together in this, there is no I in team

2 Likes

@cooperjto I’m guessing that you are a Fox News viewer, because that was their spin yesterday.

They have been complicit in dangerously misinforming their viewers for months and while some of the rhetoric has changed … Last night Hannity spewed the similar #’s you just posted.

But he nor you qualified that while many of these PEOPLE with contributing factors which put them at higher risk (with Covid19 exposure) so their death comes sooner than without. Have a HEART. Have a SOUL. Bake some bread.

3 Likes

Obviously everyone is going to die eventually. Maybe we should just give up on providing medical care to anyone? Let everyone be a government and a religion unto themselves?

Should the people who commit suicide because they have the virus and lost their job be counted as a suicide, a victim of Trumpvirus or a casualty of the American gun fetish? Should a person with COPD who dies of Covid but would have lived another 5 years without be covid be counted? When someone with a preexisting condition dies because they are home alone, don’t want to burden the system because they just don’t feel well and the usual people who come by to check on them aren’t coming by due to lock down orders, but would survive if there was no covid…do they count?

At the end this is how it’s going to look:

2,813,503 deaths in the US in 2017
2,839,205 deaths in the US in 2018

3,637,412 deaths in the US in 2020 (my prediction based on method known as WAG)

Here are the current official guidelines for classifying deaths:

They are the Goebbels of our time. Criminal and should be held accountable.

2 Likes

I’m Canadian and not a Fox News viewer, please leave your American politics out of it. I’m not saying there should be no restrictions, but a little perspective would be helpful. There’s no harm in me going for a bike ride with my kids if we don’t come into contact with anyone else, yet people are literally shaming others for leaving the house for any reason.

People who commit suicide due to quarantine-induced financial ruin should definitely be weighed against those who die of the virus.

Ironically I went to the grocery store yesterday and it seemed like most of the customers were 50+, exactly those people who should be staying home. Maybe this virus will pick off the dumbest among us. I’m 39 so I guess I’m on the cusp of people who should be worried about it.

This is the distribution in my city as of yesterday. I’m in El Paso TX

Men are dying more than women even though more women are getting it.

As for it picking off the dumbest it very well may in a very general sense. Since we are no longer hunter-gatherers it’s hard to say how darwinism will square with disaster capitalism.

Maybe culling more of the weaker male sex will be the way it manifests but usually the poor bear a disproportionate share of the casualties of war.

Edit to add: No one has died here yet. We put limits in place before most of Texas. For example the nursing home where a friend is currently residing cut off all visitors on 12 March

I agree with you, my family is taking walks everyday we are averaging 3.9 miles a day. Working up for some 10 mile hikes we live in the mountains and for the most part the trails are empty. As long as we keep our distance from others we are fine, the post office where I have to pick up mail is much more scary.

@cooperjto you state:
“As a businessperson I couldn’t care less why you can’t or don’t want to come, you booked pre-paid non-refundable (well, 50% refundable) accommodations and now you have to live with the consequences.”
So well @cooperjto: everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.
As a human being I couldn’t care less about your mouth. Sorry. You have to live with the consequences as well.

2 Likes

What is your point? This is obvious to everyone. People die all the time, everywhere, for all kinds of reasons. People die less often in car accidents if they were wearing a seat belt. Society tries to mitigate needless deaths.

Wrong. Everyone should be concerned about it and self-isolating (worried, no- worry doesn’t have any positive result). What part of you can be a carrier without actually being sick yourself, don’t you understand? What part of perfectly healthy 30 year olds have died from this now, don’t you understand?
It sounds as if you either don’t bother to inform yourself of what’s going on, or you are willfully deaf.

2 Likes

This thread has run its course.

RR

3 Likes