Some day my prince will come

You guys! A prince wants to book my camping listing! It’s for his “14 days quarantine on arrival to Canada.”
Prince George is Nigerian and sounds super nice.
He needs a couple of things from me in what he calls an “Accommodation Booking Confirmation Letter”, but that’s just so he can send me my payment privately by June. I know he wouldn’t dream of cleaning out my bank account.
He needs “a private room or studio,” but that’s okay if he doesn’t mind that it will be woodsier, with more squirrels than he’s used to at the palace.
But just a minute! Under “Food” he says he needs “3 meals per day” provided. Can’t he read? That’s not an amenity. And under “Room Rate” he says “Affordable price with discount price.”
No can do, Your Highness. Red flag right there.
Can’t get anything by me.

30 Likes

Hahahahaha. Thanks for sharing this one.

6 Likes

Some day my prince will come? Wasn’t that Kodak?

Sorry, you have to be as old as me to get that. :rofl:

4 Likes

Oh I think he is booked with me, just as soon as I wire him 1/2 the money so can pay the butler and all
Totally legit

8 Likes

Good thing they hide the profile photos before booking confirmation now or you’d get accused of discrimination if you declined, and delisted.

4 Likes

Some day my PRINTS will come - I think it was an ad for Polaroid cameras!

4 Likes

I’m not able to make a new post. How do you do that? There’s no button for it :confused:

You mean like this one… that you have just made :grin: @Sudcha

1 Like

@sudcha, when you’re new to this forum, you have to do some reading and responding to posts before you can start a new topic. It protects the forum from spam.

2 Likes

There was a wonderful series on BBC Radio 4 a few years ago; I would so love to listen to it again. It was a Scottish actor playing someone who would take on such scamsters and play them at their own game, for weeks on end via email. It was deliciously funny.

Perhaps @JohnF knows of it, or can find it??? He’s good at finding such stuff, aren’t you?

7 Likes

Yes, the inimitable Brian Cox.

Doesn’t look as though they are available anymore.

JF

5 Likes

Bummer. They were brilliant.

Mr Joan just found these. You have to join the site, but full of vintage gems.

5 Likes

Got it, thank you! @RebeccaF and @Helsi :slight_smile:

1 Like

I thought you were talking about this video:

2 Likes

Here’s a TED talk about a guy who corresponded with an Internet scammer from Nigeria. Very funny!
James Veitch: This is what happens when you reply to spam email | TED Talk

1 Like

There is a follow up on that one…

2 Likes

Hope it works!

3 Likes

Sounds dodgy as heck - but… how would he clean your bank account out with just your banking details? Surely other people pay you this way if you send them an invoice with your payment details on?

This is hilarious, thank you for sharing, I needed that!

1 Like