Software glitches

I’m writing a book, “Secrets of a BnB Host” and I’m looking for host experiences with Airbnb software glitches to add to the ones I have personally experienced.

What are your experiences? As you’re are so much of an expert on Airbnb ‘secrets’, perhaps you’re going to share them with us?

4 Likes

Doing a quick googling of that title I see the “secrets of hosts” space is really crowded. Website titles, blog titles, article titles. Not that you asked but the overuse of the word “secret” is a pet peeve. If it is shared with everyone it’s not a secret.

I’m writing a book too, Airbnb Oxymorons. Chapters include “Eco-tourism,” “Host Open Secrets” and “Airbnb Customer Support.”

Seriously, none of the glitches have affected me seriously enough to be written about other than here. I’m sure you can find many stories about glitches here on the forum. Best of luck!

5 Likes

I’m writing a book also.

It’s all about folks who trawl online forums trying to find shit to hammer Airbnb with.

Haven’t decided on a title yet, so feel free to contribute.

:slight_smile:

JF

9 Likes

Not sure these are appropriate for your particular subject but just in case anyone else is searching:

Airbnb Confidential (though almost as trite as Secret)
Airbnb: It’s Not What It Used to B
Not Your Mother’s BNB
The Airbnb Files
Tales from the Airbnb Crypt
Nasty Airbnbs: Yes, Your Host,Too
Airbnandnotbae
Everything I Ever Needed to Know I Learned From Reading the Airbnb TOS
How to Run An Airbnb Without Really Caring
and of course,
Airbnb Exposed.

9 Likes

This has been (un)covered already:

3 Likes

“Money for Nuthin’, Clicks for Free”

8 Likes

Info on glitches is shared on this forum and it will be easy to search for the word “glitch”.
However, Airbnb fix them (sometimes) and others pop up. I think any info you provide would quickly go out of date. That sort of info is best shared on a very good forum, such as this one.

4 Likes

Yeah, I echo this sentiment.

Your book will be out of date on the day it’s published. Airbnb is constantly fixing one thing while breaking another.

Earlier this year the calendar rule sets were broken.
Last week the snooze function was broken.
Two months ago the message relay was broken.

Unless you’re going to release a new edition of your book every 10 days, your business model is dumb. That’s why all these Airbnb “experts” have blogs and YouTube channels, not books.

(The real experts are busy actually running their business.)

8 Likes

The OP has a blog and podcast and runs a management company.

Ah, so she’s effectively trying to leech content, to make money for herself, from here.

As if I really hadn’t known that before :slight_smile:

Off yeh pop petal. Everything here is free, for hosts that want to take advantage of it.

JF

1 Like

Yeah, that’s why it’s called cribbing. :wink:

But really, at least she’s transparent. I think people lift stuff from here all the time and put it in their blogs. You’d be surprised at who is a member here. And I imagine even more lurk without ever logging in.

3 Likes

Oh, I’m writing 2 books: “The idiot’s guide to Airbnb” and “How to travel with a peacock - and stay in airbnbs”. Inspired from real life events.

Edit: the OP inspired me to think about the 3rd book: “Chicken soup for Airbnb host’s soul”. For those nights the guest from hell came over and you had to count the minutes until they left.

9 Likes

@adrienne12, You made me laugh out loud!

1 Like

To Airbnb or no to b ?

1 Like