Welcome! We are a community of AirBnb hosts

This forum is dedicated to connecting hosts with other hosts. Sign up to get the latest updates and news just for AirBnb hosts! Note that we are not affiliated with Airbnb - we are just passionate hosts!

Smart speakers treated as surveillance

So I added Echo Dots to almost every room in our house. Long story short, we don’t have wall switches for lights in the rooms and the walls are concrete, so spending $40 for each room for an Echo Dot and a smart WiFi plug saves a fortune over adding wiring. Our guests just use Alexa to turn the lights on and off (the modern version of the “clapper”!).

I’m trying to fill out the surveillance section (right now, I have “Alexa” in the title of the listing), but I cannot find where I am supposed to do this. Help?

1 Like

But Alexa is a surveillance device as the evidence above can show.

I would NOT be happy staying in a place with Alexa speakers installed. You’d certainly loose my custom.

But Alexa is a surveillance device as the evidence above can show.

I would NOT be happy staying in a place with Alexa speakers installed. You’d certainly loose my custom.

@Suntory - it’s very easy to turn Alexa off. Just unplug the power cord. Takes one second. Of course, it’s your choice on where to stay. Many of our guests appreciate the convenience it offers - we provide Amazon Music unlimited, and they can use our bluetooth speakers to stream music outside without using their own data plan (we’re in the Caribbean and 90%+ of our guests are from the United States).

Or, you can simply press the “Mute” microphone button. That takes .5 second.

2 Likes
Altcoin Fantasy - Crypto Fantasy Trading and Simulation Game - Win Bitcoin and Altcoins!