Smart pricing works again

Exactly. So why do so many hosts here report that SP sets prices lower than they want? For me, and for some others here, SP never goes outside the range set by the host. Others report that it does. Why is that?

I’m not quite sure what you mean by ‘arbitrary’? Why would hosts enter arbitrary sums? Am I misunderstanding?

I know nothing about the price tips because as I said above, for some reason I never see them. but I would have thought that price ‘tips’ are a very different kettle of fish to SP. Therefore the algorithms are working in different ways. By what I read about the tips, these are to encourage hosts to lower their prices where in the case of SP, it helps hosts get a better price. Both of which can be advantageous for Airbnb.

Once the have the raw data, they can use it for various algorithms - certainly two.

1 Like

I did get this 3 .5 years ago but when that happened i was too new to catch it beforehand and shortly thereafter turned it off. I turned it back on 2019 and have watched it closely and have had no issue with it now. It makes me wonder if maybe i did something wrong back then but given my experiences with Airbnb personally, and via this forum, I am more inclined that they may actually “allow” the glitch for new hosts, maybe with certain criteria…when i started I think my room was set at $19 /night and they allowed $17 I don’t think i had a cleaning fee. (Now my cleaning fee is more than that and the nightly is almost double.)

1 Like

It’s never supposed to go below your minimum or above your maximum unless you have some promotional discount applied. If it does, then it’s a software bug.

It’s not arbitrary to you. It’s arbitrary to the algorithm.

It never has for me as you know, but many hosts have reported here that the prices SP uses are too low.

You make it sound as though the amounts that the hosts set are arbitrary. SP doesn’t set the prices at random, as I’ve said before - it takes into account the historical data that you’ve ‘trained’ it with previously.

1 Like