Welcome! We are a community of AirBnb hosts

This forum is dedicated to connecting hosts with other hosts. Sign up to get the latest updates and news just for AirBnb hosts! Note that we are not affiliated with Airbnb - we are just passionate hosts!

Smart Pricing On Open Nights Automatically!

Just got an email from Air, which says:
" Coming soon on August 09, 2016. Smart Pricing will soon apply to all open nights on your calendar, instead of 4 months at a time. To keep your price in a range you like for all nights, check your pricing and availability settings."

Their “smart” prices are so ridiculously low it’s costing them, and us. a small fortune. It’s trying to set my minimum at 75% less than my existing base rate – Base = $90 and they “suggest” charging $27??? What a crock.

Now is sounds as if you Base price setting is going away, and their flawed Smart will be automatically applied to un-booked nights.

Or is an Open Night different than an Un-booked Night?
"

2 Likes

It looks as if they are forcing us to got into our settings and opt out of smart pricing. I have circled the day on my calendar to remind myself on the 9th to do so.

1 Like

I do smart pricing but my minimum price IS my base price. Because I think charging any less than I think it’s worth is stupid.

2 Likes

I have checked into Everbooked but they are not in my California area. Who can recommend another service which is good for pricing?

Altcoin Fantasy - Crypto Fantasy Trading and Simulation Game - Win Bitcoin and Altcoins!