Smart lock? - Can't locate a Schlage Encode

I’ve been trying to locate a Schlage Encode; seems like they might be discontinued or sold out in the typical places.

Which other smart lock systems are people liking lately?

Hi there Amy,

I use the August smart lock, which is integrated with Airbnb such that each guest gets automated messages from Airbnb with their August code.

As a lock and cam for the doorbell it has been GREAT.

We have not been able to get the August/Airbnb integration to work yet but we believe we will on that next Airbnb reservation. So we’ll see,

2 Likes

This is an international forum so what might available to me in the UK may not be available in the country you’re in. @acmc

I’ve seen this mentioned as hard to find in other Airbnb host groups. Someone mentioned Ace Hardware had it in March. I checked, it isn’t on their website now.

I’m in the USA. I use the Kwikset Halo. No hub required. Can set & discontinue codes remotely & schedule start/stop dates & times. DIY easily re-keyed

1 Like

I use the august lock - and after a clunky start - it now operates flawlessly.

Of course we keep a lock box with a key on the door for emergencies but we’ve never had to invoke it

2 Likes

I do the same, have a lockbox with key ‘just in case.’

1 Like

I only have keys. And a set of “emergency keys” hidden outside just in case. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

This is what we use, it is a precoded Schlage lock. You buy them online, not from a brick and mortar.
https://www.erentallock.com/

1 Like