Show off your Airbnb listing!

Well Mearns,

UNREAL!!! Wow! And I have never met another host on rain catchment before! Ahh, The joys of waiting for those pennies from Heaven! (Aka Rain)!!!

Completely awesome place. I bet you are the type of property Air would love to feature in an ad. Very very cool.

kona: Thanks for your kind comments. It took me a little bit to figure out how much roof, storage of rain and weather pattern to make the place truly self-subsistent. Last year. I only needed to bring water out to the island only onceā€¦
Yes, lately AirBnB and I have become the very best of friends.

2 Likes

Re; Shaun/New Orleans
photos are WAY too dark!!

Here is y humble little studio:

I am still waiting for the airbnb photo guy.

1 Like

At this moment I am praying for rain and can hear the water trucks hauling. Itā€™s like we live in a third world country. Amazing that here in the US, because we are in rural Hawaii, we are left out of the running water infrastructure. Most guests get that we have to conserve but some donā€™t and take 20 minute showers (I can hear the pump from up here) and it makes my blood boil.

3 Likes

You have all five stars! WAY more than I will ever have!!! LOL. I also have a humble little studio. :slight_smile:

kona: I got some friends (husband and wife) who are the worse about water, the first trip I can hear the pump going for 30 minutes; like you I am going though convulsions. LoL
So changed shower head to super thin spray AND put a 5-minute timer on the HOT water line (in-line propane water heater) which was easy to do. She started taking exactly 4.9999 minute showers, but at least not longer.

4 Likes

LOL!!! Great idea!!!

1 Like

Really nice! Brilliant idea to open the cabinets to show how well it is equipped.

Carmen: what a gem of a place you have.

Thank you Mearns it is small but adequate. Your place is lovely.

Yup I have even added to it but at least they have an idea that they can do light cooking.

I like how you open the cabinets - to show it is stocked with dishes etc.

dcmooney I love your place and we visit DC quite a bit since I have business in capital city and normally just do marriot. for the weekends. I also have business in Baltimore. Me and hubby want to do more of the Museums in our slow season dead of August. I might hit you up as the dreaded host visiting.

I figured visual always conveys more them words.

Please do! But surprisingly Iā€™m quite booked for August. Apparently a lot of Europe shuts down over August so they are coming to DC to get a taste of heat and humidity. ; ) . But Iā€™d love to have you come and stay with us! We are 2 blocks from the F4 bus stop, and 2 miles from the metro stationā€¦oh, wait, sorry; force of habit!!!

Thanks for the positive feedback!!

DC, my son said yesterday it was warm enough for a short sleeved t shirt! This is a great time to visit DC!!! As you know, I was just there and the place was a ghost town. No lines anywhere, no crowds and low prices. Ideal time to travel. I love traveling in winter. As long as I have my cold weather stuff Iā€™m comfortable. Blizzards aside of course. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Itā€™s because the whole of August is summer school holidays in Europe and in the UK ā€¦ not sure about Europe but in the UK you canā€™t take your kids out of school during term time without getting fined (obviously excluding deaths in the family / illness) . For people without children August is a no go zone for travel as prices skyrocket!

3 Likes

So true! IN the summer it is so dang hot, humid, and the lines and crowds are terrible. Sure my guests had to deal with some cold, but once they get inside the museums, itā€™s all good! And they have it to themselves!!

1 Like

Hi all

This is our backyard cottage:

and our farm:

Both very different places.

Shanghai