Should I update my white appliances

Seriously :woman_facepalming:

4 Likes

Cleaning the bathroom is mandatory! EVERY. SINGLE. TIME!

5 Likes

That would be like a host saying, “I didn’t change the bed after the guest checked out, because it didn’t LOOK dirty.” Absolutely yuck.

1 Like

Holy !!! That is appalling !!!

Superhost and does not clean the bathroom between every stay?!
Curious, how did you review him on Cleanliness?

3 Likes

I know there is disagreement here but I don’t think superhost is very difficult to achieve and maintain (generally speaking, not about any particular forum member here). And more than one member here has advocated practices that I find to be unacceptable. There are some who have basically said “I’m fine with being 4 star, guests should understand that’s what they are paying for.” One admitted he only increased his standard so he wouldn’t get removed from the platform. He wasn’t a SH, but still…

1 Like

I think I gave him a 4 for cleanliness but don’t exactly remember. This was before I was hosting and so was not all that aware of how reviews work.

Most the folks with 4 stars should probably be 3 point something.

Probably true. This was a room in a house and he was very friendly so I’m sure I was influenced by him being such a nice person. Also, I didn’t really think that he wasn’t cleaning the bathroom between guests (that shocked me for sure). I guess I thought it had been empty or something and just not touched up. It was really hot and humid and sometimes toilets get weird when the weather is that way. And the tub was surrounded by windows that open out to the hills, so I just thought stuff had blown I guess. If I had known he just wasn’t cleaning it I may have given a lower review.

2 Likes

My hall bathtub/shower almost never get used. If I have a guest who is going to use it, like when I offer a friend the sofa because the Air room is booked, I always have to check the shower. It gets a coating of dust, some dog hair has managed to float in and sometimes there’s a dead insect.

2 Likes

That’s a case where perhaps if you hadn’t waited until you left he could have fixed it and made you happy…I especially hate getting feedback about something not right (especially in my shared house) until afterwards. This is especially frustrating when I could have easily addressed it right away. If your stay was just an overnight I do forgive easily though.

1 Like

I just mentioned that the bathroom wasn’t very clean in the feedback. I’m not even sure that I took a star off. I don’t even remember if there were stars actually. And I wasn’t stewing about it either. But he then admitted that he doesn’t clean it between every guest. I only gave him the feedback because of the cuing, “tell your host something they could improve on…” or something like that. This was long before I was a host. The reviews are much more literal to a guest I remember thinking that I would be helpful by giving feedback. It’s actually a good reminder for me that guests are definitely coming from a different place when they write a review.

Yeah. I think he wrote me back saying something like that. It didn’t occur to me to mention it while I was there. I felt like it would have been picky or rude to say something. I was sincere in mentioning it to him in the feedback, thinking “this will help him”. Lol. I definitely see it all differently now that I am a host.

1 Like

Oh isn’t it so true!!!

1 Like

Lol, stainless steel is a classic too. I have a house built in 1950 that has the original Tappan gas stainless steel wall oven.

1 Like