Should I loosen my Instant Book requirements?

I always check the guest’s reviews. I would cancel if they were bad, but no guest with bad reviews has instant booked (although I have had inquiries from a couple). Around 75% of my guests have no reviews at all and most of those just joined Airbnb.

1 Like

Yes I look and if it was real bad I might cancel but it has not come up.

RR

1 Like

I read somewhere that Airbnb will not allow guests with too low of a rating to instant book regardless of the host’s setting for “Recommendations from other hosts.” I don’t know whether it’s true and if it is, what is the threshold for being too low.

Yet another case where transparency loses out so that Airbnb can change their mind on a whim.

1 Like

Lots of useful feedback here. Thank you all.

I will remove the photo requirement and the recommendation requirement and see how it goes.

1 Like

Yes. However, only done it twice, and one of those was a 50/50.

JF

1 Like

I just have the ‘Airbnb usual requirements’ thing. And although I’ve had some guests who are weird, that’s just my opinion (they think they are perfectly normal presumably!) and they’ve almost always been good in the things that matter most to me as a host (reasonably quiet and relatively clean).

I don’t usually look up the reviews that guests have had previously. The only time I’ve done so is if I’ve got half an hour to spare waiting for the guest to check in. Many guests are first timers so won’t have any reviews anyway.

Once or twice I’ve seen a less than perfect review from another host but I’d never think of cancelling them. I just address whatever issue it is with the guest when they arrive.

2 Likes

Just the same :slight_smile: Instant Book without Government-issued ID and etc.

You can cancel them if they have bad reviews!

1 Like