Short(er) term rentals?

Would I have to take down my camera?

1 Like

If it only took 30 minutes I would not tell anyone either! :rofl: :joy:

5 Likes

Those motels also have a vehicle bay next to each unit with a heavy curtain to be drawn across it so the wives can’t drive by and spot their husbands cars there :laughing:

But they are okay motels which you can also rent for the night- I’ve stayed in them before while driving from Mexico to Canada, not for any nefarious purpose, but just because they are usually conveniently located and they are actually kept quite clean.

3 Likes

Do you plan to charge less than the price of a 1 night stay? You won’t be able to rent that night and you will have as much cleaning and laundry to do.

1 Like

It’d probably have to be less than a nightly price yes. I’d think that a lot of these requests would be day of and on short notice, so if you didn’t have a booking for that day already then maybe it could make sense to do.

It might make economic sense to some hosts but it wouldn’t to me.

If someone books for, let’s say, nine in the morning until five in the afternoon then I can’t have guests the night before or the night after. So if a nightly fee is $150, and the person who is having the day stay is paying 75% of that, then I get $110 for the day. But I could have sold a three-day block during that period which would have been $450.

Many hosts (not during Covid times necessarily) are booked up back to back and for several months in advance. For hosts who aren’t, then a day stay would be possible but a lot of work for minimal results.

For many hosts, the time would be better spent getting solid multi-day bookings.

1 Like