Sharing with who now?

I was checking something else and noticed there is now the ability to specify for each room if it is shared with the host or other guests. This seems a good idea and I’m not sure how long it has been there. Previously I had the option set that the guest had exclusive use to the whole place. Now you can set

Shared with others
Guests might share this space with me, other guests, or someone else

However, and this is very strange IMO, the default for the main bedroom was set ON which would clearly be off putting to many guests. I am not sure why. Of all the spaces the one guests would least likely have to, or want to share is the main bedroom. For all the other spaces this was set off.

1 Like

Found the same in all my listings and wondered if this is why the bookings have been dead quiet

1 Like
2 Likes

Thanks for the heads up! My 3 rooms were not marked as “shared”, but it’s nice to be able to mark the bath and kitchen as shared.

1 Like

I thought the same but before I discovered this bug I had a dead calm period about a month back and then dropped my prices 10% and am now back on top of “Bass Coast” search listings and full up for the month.

Thanks Brian, that was a fortnight ago you’d think they’d have fixed it by now.

Thank God you posted this. I just checked my listing and it had marked the ensuite bathroom as “shared” but not the bedroom!!!

1 Like