Sharing this hilarious review and my equally hilarious response

You didn’t mention the stars anywhere in your op. But I still think you should be able to cool off and write a review without too many emotions.

but what, who… what?
Is Daniel YOU? Co-host??
I’m confused :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

@Christian He explained that he is Daniel, OP, using an extra account he ended up with due to temporary amnesia of the password…

How many stars? At least you got her attitude across, and I like the idea of cheeky replies to bogus bad reviews!

3 Likes

I just had a couple who ignored the multiple places in the listing that says do not stay here if you have animal allergies then turned up and mentioned his wife was allergic to dog hair. They seemed to wash all the sheets (which had been washed that morning) as well as all their clothes and vacuum the floor each day (which I had vacuumed the day before and cleaner washed 3 days earlier). I had suggested nicely they find somewhere else. They left an okay review but then I found out they had been using the washing machine on the full 2 hour cycle when it was broken (was working when I used it) but just working and all the water had backed up the septic pipes and stuff float up and blocked them. And they kept using it! Upshot, A new $550 washing machine and $650 for plumbing work. I didn’t even bother trying to claim it from AirBnB.

All they had to do was stop, breathe and talk to me. Or move out and I would have refunded them. I’ve already got a limit of 3 minute showers but now will ban people from using the washing machine without me being there to turn it on and only once a day (which of course means they will try and overfill it).

So good on you for giving it to them! The less entitled body issue nutters using AirBnB the better for all of us. I don’t understand how they even go out their front door without their therapy peacock.

4 Likes

And why would you? Where you in the bathroom or do you have a camera in there?

Your public review is not hilarious in any measure. Whilst I understand your annoyance, it is humiliating and retaliatory. If you already have sparkling reviews, readers will spot this guest’s review for what it is.

6 Likes

Hearing you loud and clear after another 3* review which read great place.

1 Like

I agree. The response was in complete poor taste. Not hilarious at all.

1 Like

A poor taste review in response to another poor taste review. Sounds about right?

1 Like

4stars overall. 3 stars for cleanliness. 3 stars for cleanliness in response to insomnia…because of an allergic response to dust>??? That is certainly a unique allergy.

1 Like

I think it’s even more humiliating for a guest to slap a 3 star review on cleanliness for no ryhme or reason, completely denigrating the efforts of the host.

2 Likes

closed thread pending combining of Petrelli-Daniel accounts.