Sending items left behind to guest's home address

I might try that next time if it happens to be an Air guest. I just wasn’t sure if Air would add service fee or anything if it is not considered damage. I hate not seeing what a guest receives on the other end of the correspondence.

They shouldn’t add the bloody fee, but you never know. If the guest had a damage deposit it should come from that. Remember you are not supposed to transact cash outside their system.

I’ve had people pay their taxes this way, and it was no problem at all. The only thing I don’t like about using the resolution center is the verbiage makes it sound like it was a conflict, when in fact I’ve used it a number of times and there was no conflict.

Taxes have always been OK with Air to accept in cash. Nothing else though. :smile:

1 Like

And I long for the day when that is not an issue! (The collecting taxes)

Our governor just vetoed the Air tax collection bill… so it will continue for me.

2 out of my last 3 guests have left something here. One a pillow, one a pair of shoes. After this, I am making it part of my house rules that I do not mail items left behind. I barely have time to retrieve my own mail from the post office (no delivery by postal service to my home), i frequently have to take time off from work to get my own mail! I am not going to further enable these silly, flaky, irresponsible people at my expense. Just not going to happen. Would the Super8 mail back item left behind? When they email me to say “did i leave (item) there?”, I’m just going to say, gosh, no, haven’t seen it. Well, OK, that’s what I want to do. But in reality, I probably won’t.

5 Likes

This is a good idea.

“Upon leaving, please check the house for your personal belongings. I am unable to mail items back. Thank you.”

In actuality, it might really be true. Once the guest leaves, Air removes their contact information so you can’t even if you wanted to.

2 Likes

Does this mean the messaging system that you have been using before and during their stay? It’s the only contact I have and I want to contact people after they leave through this…

Yes… The platform’s messenger. After the reservation ends you will lose their email and phone. Air used to leave these forever, but then got smart and hides them from us right after check out. If you want to be able to contact them directly, collect their information at the time of check in.

Actually. You may not have noticed but Air gives you their phone number and email (via relay) right after confirmation. Click on the reservation info to see it.

2 Likes

You can send the items collect on delivery.

By the time you reach a certain age in adulthood, is when you at least pretend to be responsible. Adults who continuously leave items behind, have not learned the basics of mommy and daddy not wiping their adult butts.

If an adult cannot manage five extra minutes to take a complete walk through…of their entire rental place…then they cannot manage their time wisely. I really don’t care how many kids, etc. - if you cannot get them out by 11 a.m. then I have to wonder how they manage with school at 7 a.m. every morning. Just excuses…period.

1 Like

It still requires time and expense out of your day to pack the items as well as go somewhere to mail them off. I agree with cabin… Grow up and do a walk through before leaving like most of us do. I once had a guest leave an iPad but returned within 10 minutes of driving away. Thank goodness because most guests leave my place and drive right to the airport to get on a plane.

Most of the time, I do a walk through, together with guests, before they leave. In this particular case, I was not at home when guest left, so I just asked her to “leave the keys on the bed”. Which she did.

She left my key, and hers, on the bed, and then left. Now she wants her key back.:anguished:

1 Like

Wow, that’s a really busy work schedule. I don’t think I’ve ever been too busy to pick up my mail.

My regular job requires me to leave my home usually between 7-7:30am. I do not get home until at the very earliest 4:30pm, but it’s usually closer to 5:30pm. I only get 6 days off each month, unless I use vacation time. That’s just my regular job. I also have a direct sales biz ( home parties where women get together to shop ), and I usually have those packages delivered to my regular job so I get my clients their items quickly. The post office in my little town has very limited hours and they lock the doors, unlike some post offices that keep part of the building where po boxes are kept open 24 hours.

Hi @brook2adks,

That sounds fairly busy. And you do the Airbnb thing on top of that? I’m surprised you can find the time.

1 Like

Being busy is a good thing :slight_smile: I also do social media consulting for a few businesses, and I do some private duty work when it’s worth my while. I wear many hats!

Up to a point. One still needs to rest, sleep, eat, exercise. Stuff like that.

3 Likes

Air sends a reservation reminder through email which if you didn’t delete includes the guests telephone number. I have never seen a home address only a city and state.

1 Like