Selling our Airbnb in Mesa AZ suburb

Hey guys. We decided to switch our Airbnb from Apache Junction AZ to Sedona. So we are selling our highly successful rental.

It is a unique “cabin” in the desert. It is located within 5 miles of two very highly rated destination wedding venues (Paseo has been shown on the Destination wedding tv shows many times). It has 1.25 acres with magnificent views of Superstition Mountains and although there are other homes around(each on an acre) there are Mountain View’s 360 and seems to be very private. It is a 3bdrm 2 bath 1600 ft log cabin with spiral stairs to the master suite.

The Desert Cabin brings in $55k for past two years and has had 100% 5 star rating in over 150 reviews. It would have brought in another $10k had I not given away 6 weeks to my friends in Jan-Feb.

I’m having my last guest stay the entire month of February, then I’m putting it on the market. Reluctantly with a realtor. I’d rather sell it to someone who understands it’s value. So you guys are the first to know. It’s $600k. To see more pics go to Airbnb and search “the desert cabin”

Lmk if you are interested. Here are a couple pics. Contact me at 480-340-7710 (either text or call) for more info and pics.

1 Like

It’s beautiful!!

Reviews aren’t transferrable from host to host, but I can see why you’ve had such success!

1 Like

Good pitch promoting your place for sale through this forum @LisaCharlie , but as an international forum I think it’s unlikely you will find a buyer for your home here, local estate agents and local host forums are more likely to be fruitful…

True, but thought I’d try you guys first. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Lisa/Charlie,
You have a beautiful home! We bought a home in Mesa last year that we are short term renting. I’m struggling a bit with understanding the taxes. Since you have a place in Mesa - I thought you might be willing to give me some advice? My understanding is that Airbnb pays the city, county & state taxes of 12.72%. Is that correct?

Thank you for any help you can give!
Take Care, Carrie.

Yes, we do not pay them ourselves. Congrats on your property. We find it very rewarding!