SCARY difficult Guest checks out then demands to check back in - Airbnb issued full refund

I just had the unusual experience of repeated messages from Airbnb asking how their customer service rep did in “helping” me.

“Thanks for getting in touch. We hope we answered your question and that Christina S was able to sort everything out for you. To help us improve, we’d like to ask you a few questions about your recent interaction with us.”

This was an inquiry I made when my local government asked for an affidavit from me to provide platform contact info relating to collection of transient occupancy tax. I went to the Trust and Safety page so I could send an email instead of being diverted to the Community discussion pages.

Thing is, Christina S. merely provided me with publicly available information, the address of Airbnb HQ, not a contact for tax collection matters.

But I’m not filling out the survey because I don’t want Christina S., who is probably a minimum wage slave, to have a bad metric just because Airbnb corporate did not provide her with the ability to actually answer my question. The survey questions all named poor Christina.

thats the sort of comment that makes people arsed not to bother reading further or helping ---- LOL. But i cant disagree that some on here seem to be more of a hindrance than a help

Strange when i see posts from ‘super hosts’ who dont know some basic things - had less experienced people asked the same question, they would have been chastised and had their bottoms spanked. The fact that some newbies to AirBNB have 6 other properties they let out full time to tenants and handle everything themselves from first contact, legal compliance with all statutes, issue notices of eviction and turnover on AST’s a gross income of over £60k and they are just dipping a toe into the water matters not …

i think you’ve handled it as best as you can, you were at the moment in time and didnt have the luxury of sitting at home, reading your post and in some cases i suspect downing a bottle of ‘pop’ or two.

i dont care if you don’t use paragraphs, capital letters etc - yes, it makes it harder to read BUT it means it just doesn’t get skim read !!! ignore the grammar police - if they cant understand what youve written, they should ask you to clarify something, so they do understand
please keep posting (as i have been asked to) and challenge responses when you see fit and more importantly challenge abusive behaviour when you feel in a safe enough environment to do so, YOU just might make the difference between a verbal (which is bad enough) or a physical assault.

Keep safe and best wishes

1 Like

Not grammar police but interested parties who may can provide assistance—if someone posts something that is too difficult to read they are doing themselves a disservice.

Simply put:
-accurate feedback is a gift,
-people are being generous of their time to provide it,
-if the poster makes the situation difficult to understand any feedback may be inaccurate or maybe valid feedback not given at all.

I admit, I usually check this site on my phone. If I can’t easily read & understand I will move on, I have other things to do.

3 Likes

Let’s reconsider this. I’ve noticed this group shows more patience with people who’ve contributed and participated THEN have a question.

I’ve been hosting for over 6 years and certainly don’t know everything. I’ve posted basic questions about an infrequent event but important to me & have received both valuable assistance & a few smarty-pants comments (it is the internet).

Yes this group tends to react differently if a new host/new member asks something basic or wants the group to do all the work. We as hosts should be engaged and willing to research & learn.

“and in some cases i suspect downing a bottle of ‘pop’ or two.”

uhhhh… assuming im drunk says way more about you than me. i dont drink and there wasnt anything i said that would cause most ppl to think that i did. i hope you or whoever in your life has serious “pop” issues gets help so you can stop projecting on strangers.

i wasnt referring to you - i was referring to those who were less than helpful - i think you handled it perfectly

LOL[quote=“mjfmjfmjf, post:49, topic:48359, full:true”]

“and in some cases i suspect downing a bottle of ‘pop’ or two.”

uhhhh… assuming im drunk says way more about you than me. i dont drink and there wasnt anything i said that would cause most ppl to think that i did. i hope you or whoever in your life has serious “pop” issues gets help so you can stop projecting on strangers.
[/quote]

1 Like

I’m closing this thread now as the issue is resolved and thread is careening off base. Thank you @mjfmjfmjf for coming back with info about the outcome.

3 Likes