Scammers to vulnerable hosts

If you’ve emptied your bank account, then I don’t see them being able to take anything. I would close that account just in case they can reverse a deposit or something - that way you don’t have a negative balance, and start getting hit with bank fees. I think if they think you owe them money then they will send you to their collections department. I don’t know if they eventually report any uncollectible accounts to the credit bureaus or not. Be aware of their host cancellation policy also.

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/990/how-do-host-cancellation-penalties-work

Air will often times try to get the money by going after your future payouts. But if your listing is shut down, then I don’t know what else they do besides sending your account to collections.

Not sure when the guests put in a claim, as it is supposed be done within 24 hrs. of arrival if place is not as advertised. Although Air is known to give refunds much later than that time. If Air doesn’t side with them, the guests can always claim a chargeback on their credit card and get their money back that way.

In contrast with home escape and possibly others, they WILL debit your account for money owed and charge backs… But I specifically looked at Air’s policy and the only threat is debiting from future bookings and collections. You have to wonder if they will change that in the future?

As for the review, I’m not sure how you are able to review if the guest cancelled and left.