Scammers to vulnerable hosts

Guests trash the room on purpose. Photograph it. Try to get get money back because the room was bad.

2 Likes

The JnJack posting now sometimes sounds like the old Perezo and sometimes like someone altogether different or someone who is ill, drunk, high or having a mental breakdown. Itā€™s one of the more bizarre things Iā€™ve seen on any forum. Maybe we were being trolled all along?

3 Likes

Sounds like a lot of work for nothing :slight_smile:

So if Iā€™m right, which Iā€™m probably not because this is so confusing, they trashed the room, only stayed for a couple of days, went somewhere else and the place was $70 per night. So they trashed a room to save $140? Aaaargh - this is beyond my poor brain!

How could the guests make bare electric wires come out of the wall in the shower? Ditto hole in floor by toilet. I canā€™t see scam here. I do see that the accommodation may not have been represented accurately by the pictures. They appear to be saying Jay, whom Iā€™m assuming is the OP and host was not to blame and thanked her. If there is a link to ā€œscammer siteā€ perhaps you could share it.

1 Like

Yes, I was chatting to Jay (who sounded very much like a real person, but on the net, how can one be sure?) not long ago. She told me I was a pessimist. I agreed that I might be so, but politely suggested that she didnā€™t have enough information to infer from the context.

I donā€™t think itā€™s a troll. I think something is wrong (call it male intuition). I hope Jay is Ok. But Iā€™m not sure how any of us can help, unless there is someone here who is actually in Costa Rica (which I suppose is itself a big place). Like everyone else, Iā€™m not sure whatā€™s going on, or who is posting to this new account. I notice that the old Perezo account has been inactive for a bit (last post September 11th). And there is another thread ā€œPlease help Jay at Sloth Clubā€, which is just adding to the mystery.

If Jay is Ok, where is she, and why is she not using the old account? If the new owners are posting to the new JnJack account, why canā€™t they post a coherent explanation of what is going on? And as others have remarked, it doesnā€™t sound like just one person is posting to JnJack either.

Fingers crossed.

Poster @AlexSJ is in Costa Rica and knows Jay. I would think if Jay needed help there would be people in CR that she knows IRL (in real life as they say) that would be in a position to actually help as opposed to internet persons of unknown quality.

3 Likes

Well, in that case, if @AlexSJ has a functioning net connection, perhaps she could tell us what is going on?

I did, but then I quit the owners, turned it back on. My money, their problem. Iā€™m a total pera toay

Must be a diamond studded keychain to be worth paying taxi fare to return it.

2 Likes

I think it is definitely one of these sadly

LOL best reply yet. Iā€™ve had trouble developing a coherent thought from this post and the follow up posts intended to clarify. I dont wish anyone harm as hosts, and hope this worked out ok.

six dollars, actually, handcarved bri bri art. The taxis is 5

@KKC that was kinda mean

Catching up on the week. The guestsā€™ email seems extremely specific. If some phrases or sentences were copied, it doesnā€™t take away from the site-specific issues they have laid out. That said, @JnJack, I want to give the benefit of the doubt to posters here. Can you show us the scammers blog you said you found?

@londonflat

I donā€™t have the time, heart or energy for this. Find it yourself.

Sorry to hear that. Thought you might have a head start on us. I tried googling. Didnā€™t find anything. Which is why I asked you.

2 Likes

Theyā€™ve asked air for a full refund based on the cabin being dirty and misrepresented.

Not my finest hour with my response - can airbnb go into my bank account? I emptied itā€¦ I owe Air nothing
J
@cabinhost , @KKC @Garden1Gnome @konacoconutz

@jaquo @Garden1Gnome

@KKC you betcha

first air prob - cannot find the site myself, just know they are trying to scam me

CR has ā€œsuicide showersā€ everywhere but the fancy hotels - our House Manual, the reading of which is a house rule, explains the whole thing.

they are a couple of little asses - when will my review warning other hosts be posted?

@catskillsgrrl - sloths were involved, they just watched from afar and scratched their heads. :smiley:

1 Like