Saving Private Chen

Sammy - Chen is not mentally unstable. After seeing her listing and reading about her background, many of her posts now make sense.

I hope she comes back to the forum

@Maggieroni That could not be further from the truth.

@faheem @Kenny_Smith @Chris No one is ganging up on Chen and this thread was created to sincerely help her. The other thread A Sad Day no mood to make fun of you all - #103 by Mearns - Airbnb hosts forum was getting extremely off topic. I doubt any of you were actually following the thread or you would know that Chen was reading the suggestions (and acting upon them) posted in the thread, and someone had an idea to put all the suggestions in one place. Sorry there isnā€™t more drama here, except a group of experienced hosts, who she mostly insulted, told off, and threatened, trying to help her get her listing back on track.

I guess itā€™s true what they say, no good deed goes unpunished .

Sheā€™s here lurking and has already made changes to her listing based on our suggestions. Sammy and others are probably right that this particular thread is a bit much, but then again, sheā€™s been ignored in many threads but she just comes back with another more hateful one. Like Kenny said, if itā€™s not Thais, itā€™s Latin Americans, if itā€™s not an ethnic group, itā€™s someone without enough money. Once her listing was seen and we really ripped into it some changes were seen. Now that we have a better idea of who she is maybe she will come back and become a contributing member of this forum or maybe we will have finally heard the last from her.

2 Likes

Hi @azreala,

My comments werenā€™t directed at anyone in particular. And it does feel to me like she is being ganged up on, at least a bit. As a child I was a social outcast, so Iā€™m fairly sensitive to this sort of thing. Iā€™m not addressing the fact of whether she ā€œdeservesā€ it. But itā€™s relevant to note that she hasnā€™t actually asked for help. Maybe you guys are helping her, and certainly your suggestions are helpful/useful, but like I said, it seems better, or at least more appropriate, to help someone who has actually asked for help, and second, the general tone here is way off what I would consider reasonable discourse.

The net is full of people with issues, and sometimes downright crazies. I usually find it best not to engage with them, and leave them alone. Sometimes I feel sorry for them, but I doubt I can help them. And life is really too shortā€¦

And yes, Iā€™ve read this thread as well as the other thread. Not super carefully, but enough to get the idea that you guys are making helpful suggestions. Unfortunately those helpful suggestions are coming with a side order of mockery.

Just my two currency units.

2 Likes

Actually she has asked for help, many times here are just two that I found in just a minute of looking

1 Like

Ah. I stand corrected. Regardless, in her shoes Iā€™m not sure Iā€™d appreciate a thread solely devoted to meā€¦ Anyway, Iā€™ve said my piece about this. Over and out.

4 Likes

Sorry but I stand by my opinion. Even the name Saving Private Chen is a joke or play on words. Iā€™m out of this and it looks like she is too since I see no response from her so far. Over and out.

2 Likes