Safety concerns about current airbnb

Thank you @J_Wang

It’s got great reviews and is indeed nearby; no availability though as I’m looking for dates from today to 21 Nov.

Just spoke to air; they’ve offered a refund for what I paid here but of course will need to cover the additional expenses for finding something more suitable.

Will they rebook you somewhere? Or do you have to do all the heavy lifting? Also, by cancelling you can’t give him a review, which is a shame.

Zandra. Get out and walk around. You’ll be just fine during the day. There are some interesting areas to see. Do go to The Last Bookstore and browse. It’s in that area. Take the metro over to Santa Monica and see the pier and stick your toes in the water. Come to Long Beach and I’ll take you to Seal Beach for Mex food.

4 Likes

Darn it. Of course it’s booked because it is nice. That’s great you’ll get a refund. Look for places a little farther away. The Metro and buses are fairly convenient.

This one looks not bad at all.

1 Like

I’m shocked that the listing advertises that it’s close to Santee Alley. Angelenos know that it’s okay to go to Santee Alley to shop during the day, but you need to be away by sunset.

3 Likes

Young people love it. The grittiness. The comaraderie

2 Likes

Nah. Although I’m sure that might happen in some places but probably not there. It’s just young travelers enjoying a cheap place in the heart of a big city. There are some other hostel type places I see in that area that look much nicer than this place. The pod place is $50/night, so the clientele is going to be better. I’ve stayed in a few HI places a while back and enjoyed them. In any case, you do get what you pay for! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh it’s a typical grungy downtown alley. Big deal.

1 Like

hehe! Yeah I get the impression it’s not as shocking to some. I’m feeling better; I’ve spoken to Airbnb and the host; the host has agreed with my points and just came in and started to address some of my concerns immediately. I guess that’s what a nicely worded message via Airbnb gets you. Air have also offered a voucher and have sent over details of alternative accommodation which I’m currently looking at so it’s all coming along and I’m super happy with the support I’ve had.

Just got to thank everyone who commented for the support and discussion; it’s been so useful to get some perspective on all this!

J_wang when are we catching up for Mexican ! I’ll private message you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Dudley, you should fly her to Florida… The girl needs a cup of tea and some biscotti.

1 Like

Are all the girls and guys together???

You know you are in trouble when the bunk beds are NUMBERED.

Oh come on. You cannot tell a little piece of trash from a used Trojan :smiley:

Here she is to your rescue! It’s Melania’s sister ready to roll out the welcome mat!

2 Likes

OMG. What is she selling?

oh gawd no ! They say sex sells … in this case it’s making me run in the opposite direction!!

Isn’t she a hoot??? I love her descriptions!

1 Like

LA is a different place. So many people, chasing so many dreams.

1 Like

It’s so true. I’ve had quite a few house guests who were going to be stars of some type: fashion designers, artists, actors.

1 Like

sigh. Airbnb have now done a switch and bait. The guy I was dealing with ended his shift and he handed over to a colleague. Now I’m being offered no refund and $50 towards a new booking.