Safety concerns about current airbnb

Yes the same rating as me too!

37 rentalsā€¦35 at this location, all posted on AirBNB.
A reminder to always check ALL the listings that one person has posted.

The written reviews are much better than the stars would indicate. But @Zandra has already stated that s/he booked this place before there were many reviews. And, it is possible s/he also booked before all of the rooms were posted.

I once stayed in that area for a conference, and felt like a captive within the walls of that place. Didnā€™t enjoy the area at all.

EDITED to ADD: Linke to all his places: https://www.airbnb.co.uk/s?host_id=56636321&allow_override[]=&page=2&s_tag=Zn9Uetzv&ib=true&ss_id=ard4rd06

1 Like

directly behind the place Iā€™m staying. The building in the pic is the back of my ā€˜hostelā€™ in the garment district

p.s. looks like there are actually only 27 at this location posted. The others are in a different building, which I suspect is similar.

Documenting it. You know how Airbnb are!

So those windows on the alley are the ones in the ā€œdormā€ room? I donā€™t see a fire escape!

No all in the same room! And Iā€™ve counted the beds there is 30 something though some of these bunks are doubles.

Did you notice mostly he has pretty decent reviews ?

When I look at the 27 listings, I am seeing a range of 4 1/2 - 3 1/2 stars, so way higher than you might expect. However LA draws people from all over the world, who arrive hoping to become a star. It is a city of dashed dreams. And when these people stream off the buses, they need cheap. And this place is cheap.

I feel like we should all flag his 27 listings! Bc this is actually illegal in LA.

2 Likes

@Zandra I am sorry you have had another bad experience - you do seem to be having a run of bad luck with the BNBā€™s you are staying at.

Did the photos on the listing reflect what you are seeing when you arrived.

I am sure that when you call BNB as a long standing host who is there for their event they will do their best to help you relocate.

I agree with others that you should leave straight away - you canā€™t put your safety at risk.

Good luck.

See a few post up for the listing. No; the listing actually has a lot of missing information.

O. M. G. I wish you could get a flight to DC. Iā€™d find space for you somewhere in my home, though Iā€™m booked until Fridayā€¦the sofa bed in my living room would be better than this!!!

1 Like

yes yes yes yes and YES.

The reviews are unbelievable. They do all look a bit suspiciously scriptedā€¦

Gee, I wonder how many participants will be lucky enough to meet the prez. The place will already be packed with thousands of people.

I donā€™t think he could orchestrate so many reviews on so many listings. people seem to genuinely not have the same concerns that I do ā€¦

Met them last year. They were just walking around with everyone else and were very accessible.

Fortunately the two are not mutually exclusive. I was responding to chicagohostā€™s recommendation to call Air. It sounds like more than just Air needs to be called.

1 Like

This one looks pretty nice and itā€™s very near where yours is I believe.

1 Like

Because itā€™s cheapā€¦

1 Like