RTB From Guest Who Doesn't Want Animals Around, Tries To Book Place With Cat

Been teed up for them. You may have seen it. That was a stay Oct '21 where I did the ultimate evil and canceled on the day of arrival (CS did it for me, not penalties). I was SUPER stressed about a sick parent who was just hospitalized that day w/ uncontrolled lung bleeding doctors could not stop & thought I may have to leave town. I could NOT be on-call for this bunch & was already expecting trouble with them…

These people: “We want a bereavement discount & another discount on top of that because your competitor is cheaper - with mediocre reviews; What kind of pillows are there - I have neck issues, my husband has back issues; what size towels - I don’t like small ones; I want to go over your capacity & for free (oh, my fav: and don’t forget to put extra linens and towels for this extra person I don’t want to pay for) & we want to leave cash on the table when we checkout to pay for the extra person we’re already pissy about having to pay for (I bet you do…give me a break :roll_eyes:); I want to arrive before check-in/drop off my bags due to bad back & do it free of charge, and on and on”.

I could already hear it: “Your mattresses were too X and aggravated my back”, “Your pillows were too Y and my neck was so stiff it ruined our trip, blah, blah, blah…I want a refund!”

#ByeFelicia #OhHellNaw #YouveBeenCancelled

10 Likes

This one gave me a hardy laugh! I can visualize the cat pushing away, ears back…. Oh, & I want to meet Bella!

I remember that crew. You always know when the “asks” start before the trip and they’re making it your problem.

Glad you got the joke. Poor cat - all 4 paws on this woman’s chest, pushing away, eyes wide, ears back… I just reached over and said “I’ll just be taking the cat who clearly doesn’t want to be in your arms and will ask you to leave her alone unless you want to learn to play with her properly.” Husband to wife, “You really need to listen to people.” Cat, safely over my shoulder glaring.

Bella loves meeting new people. Most of the time.

5 Likes

Me too, but I’m not a kneeler, I’m a squatter. :wink:

3 Likes

I had a couple book after my listing says if you do not like dogs or are afraid of them do not make a reservation here They said they were okay with that but what a weekend she was scared beyond words of dogs and him as well . When they asked to sit on the patio the first night I said the dogs were out there and he suggested I put them somewhere else. Not a good thing to say to me and I suggested they go somewhere else. He said he would if he could get his money back plus extra for inconvenience Needless to say I asked them to leave and if you see if you don’t like animals don’t come. Thought I would hear from Airbnb but am strict this is my home and not Airbnb’s

3 Likes

You have given me some insight as to how to reword my listing. My dogs are herders, & lots of folks don’t know what that means. We have a lot of guests who like to “play” with them, but you can spot a “dog person” in a second. Play for our girls means Frisbee, not wrestling or tug of war!
Thanks for the tip :grinning:

1 Like

Actually, it’s the dogs’ home… :wink: Mine is run by the cat.

I like the fact that she is a filter for certain guests. I may get less business but the folks who do come tend to be more fun.

Love it.

2 Likes

I always look for locations with pets when I travel. I miss mine and enjoy getting to interact with animals on the road.

1 Like