Reviewing and rating on Airbnb - perceptions and opinion of users (research project) https://goo.gl/forms/1Hse1AWcmP4eh9SD3

Hello All,

I hope this is considered acceptable on this forum.

I am Dr Giulia Leoni from RMIT University, Australia, inviting you to participate in this research project by completing a short on-line survey.

The research is investigating the review and rating system of Airbnb and understanding how that is used to keep Airbnb users accountable to the Airbnb community. To do so, we are collecting the perceptions from various Airbnb hosts and guests worldwide about their experience of reviewing and rating on Airbnb. We will ask you about your experience as a reviewing host or guest, the motivation for reviewing (or not) your counterpart, experiences you might have lived around reviewing, how you use the reviews left by others on Airbnb.

Your participation in this survey is entirely anonymous and voluntary. You won’t be required to provide any personal details and you are not required to answer all of the questions. It will take you from 5 to 10 minutes of your time.
You accept to participate to this project by responding and submitting the survey.
For this project, I am hoping to obtain answers from 200 Airbnb hosts and would really appreciate the opportunity to involve you in our research.
If you have any questions about this research project, you can contact:
Dr. Giulia Leoni (College of Business, School of Accounting, RMIT University, giulia.leoni@rmit.edu.au)
I am looking forward to receiving your responses.
Sincerely,
Dr Giulia Leoni

Hi Giulia,

I took your survey. We’re solicited for these somewhat frequently, and I’ve seen some badly designed ones, so I have to say yours was well done!

The link was difficult to follow out of the heading, so here it is for anyone else who’d like to take it:

Not rubbish like most of the ‘research’ on here.

Please post the results of you research when done! One of my pet peeves is when people come to the forum asking for help and then we never hear form them again.

1 Like

I’ve completed your survey, although I did find the form quite clunky in places.

As others have said, this looks like a useful piece of research, particularly for hosts. I hope you do share your findings with us please.